Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

82212000 iPod interface cable now available

Old 01-30-2010, 09:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Uconnect is all you want, then you can do it yourself. All you have to do is:

1. Get mic from dealership. Part numer is 82211743AB, and runs about $40
2. Once you have the mic installed, upgrade to the latest software (2.043) from the Unoffical MyGig site (remove the space) http ://mofv.com/mygig
3. Once you have the software installed, go into the engineering menu (press Seek UP + Seek DOWN + Menu at the same time). Go down to page 4 or 5, looking for a button labeled "Enable JK HF+VR". Press that button, and Enable should change to Disable. Exit the menu now
4. Done. Press the UConnect button and it should work now. If it says "UConnect activating", give it a minute or so, and then it will work fine, greeting you with "UConnect" and the menu.

I have the Lockpick, and it adds a lot of great features like Nav input while moving, DVD video in motion, rear camera, front/baby cam, and rear seat video. I wanted those features, and added the Lockpick myself, but if you strictly want UConnect, then you can do it on your own.

Also, the 3G works great with UConnect. I have it myself, and the address book syncs right up and everything.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks alot

Thank you for explaining that. And I am assuming that I can connect the iPhone 3G to the radio thru the Lockpick? I don't see how else I can do this.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Yeah, the Lockpick has an A/V input, so you can hook it up to that, but you still won't be able to control it on the radio itself, only on the iPhone. Only way to have radio integration and controls on the radio is to have the 09 and up radio.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default OK. What I am really interested in

...is 1. being able to hit the uconnect button and handsfree tell the phone to dial so and so's number and then 2. speak to them using the mic/speaker system installed on the radio/speakers of the car, not the little dinky one's on the phone. Is one, two, or both of those possible after installing the lockpick and activating the uconnect as you described with my current 08 MyGig nav system? Is this the same process you did?

BTW I really do appreciate all the info. Mopar and the dealer seem to have no clue what they're talking about, which really aggravates me since theyre the bloody people who build and sell the stuff they know nothing about.

I don't really care about controlling all the music on my phone from the MyGig Nav system, I can do that just fine from the phone.

Also, is it necessary to take it to the dealer to have some kind of activation that notifies chrysler thru something called starscan(?) or similar?

Last edited by SIM 37; 01-31-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Useful info. Thanks
Old 01-31-2010, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

If I have an 07 Radio without mygig, will this Ipod cable work?
Tom
Old 01-31-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SIM 37
...is 1. being able to hit the uconnect button and handsfree tell the phone to dial so and so's number and then 2. speak to them using the mic/speaker system installed on the radio/speakers of the car, not the little dinky one's on the phone. Is one, two, or both of those possible after installing the lockpick and activating the uconnect as you described with my current 08 MyGig nav system? Is this the same process you did?

BTW I really do appreciate all the info. Mopar and the dealer seem to have no clue what they're talking about, which really aggravates me since theyre the bloody people who build and sell the stuff they know nothing about.

I don't really care about controlling all the music on my phone from the MyGig Nav system, I can do that just fine from the phone.

Also, is it necessary to take it to the dealer to have some kind of activation that notifies chrysler thru something called starscan(?) or similar?
If that's all you want, then you can get the mic, update the software, and enable it yourself, like I described in my earlier post. Doesn't require a StarScan, and you can be up and running in about 30 minutes. The lock pick adds the other nice features, but is not necessary if all you want is the bluetooth/phone call functionality.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

I'm confused because you posted this before:

Originally Posted by 08RubiUnlimited
Good catch sir, I totally missed that...He's right on this. Unless you upgraded to an 09 or newer unit, you're SOL for the MyGig and iPod integration.
Now you're saying that I can????

Keep in mind I have the 08 MyGig Nav system.

I wasn't aware the 08s had bluetooth connectivity. If that is the case, then it all seems pretty simple.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:29 PM
JK Super Freak

What I meant was the bluetooth phone function will work as you want it to, using the method I described.

The ability to listen to the iPod and control the iPod on the radio will only work on 09 and up. Sorry if that came across confusing.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Pretty easy to do...set switches on lockpick box, pull radio, plug in lock pick harness to Radio, plug dash harness into lockpick harness, enjoy. If you want the camera as well, then you justneed to plug that into the lockpick A/V harness.

Quick Reply: 82212000 iPod interface cable now available