Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

7" headlights !!!!!

Old 01-22-2010, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may get a set to see.
My GF's Hyundai Tiburon has factory projector halogen lights and when we put the HID conversion bulbs in the beam cutoff and pattern was far surperior to my HID conversion. For $30 I could care less if they turn out not to work.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKashat
Bringing back a old thread but...

Honestly, for $20-25 bucks I'd give 'em a shot just to see. If they work fit and look good, great, you have a cheap alternative to the OEM housings until when/if you spring for something better. At least they look cool. If they don't fit/look good, oh well they cost $25 bucks! I've been the Guinea Pig with so many parts on past vehicles, it doesn't bother me.

I've been looking for bulbs, projectors, HIDs since I decided I was getting a JK. I just got my 2010 Rubi Unlimited 12/31/09. I've heard a few companies mentioned for housings (IPF, Hella E-Code, Cibbie) but don't know which I want.

I'd REALLY love to have Projector HIDs. I've seen (online) the Screamin' Lizard Projector/HID kit but I am not really a fan of the look (very bug eyed) and the high price. Xsiting Lighting (Valeo) has some HID/Projectors that look really nice and are supposed to fit but are REALLY expensive and I haven't got any confirmation that they do in fact fit the JK.

I might just get those myself a set of those in full Chrome. Only reason being the Black Housing ones would make the front of the JK look different from a distance.
Why don't you just spend the $165 for the Northridge IPFs? They look good and we know they will work.

If you want to spend $25 bucks, I need some extra beer money for the weekend!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-ADD77
Why don't you just spend the $165 for the Northridge IPFs? They look good and we know they will work.

If you want to spend $25 bucks, I need some extra beer money for the weekend!
I still may. But, I want HID projectors.

Quick Reply: 7" headlights !!!!!