Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

7" headlights !!!!!

Old 08-14-2009, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7" headlights !!!!!

ok so im planning on getting one of these headlights, and want to know what everyone thinks about them. I'll run stock headlights w/ them for now, until i can put some HID's in them. If you like them you can pm me and i will send you a link. On another note, does anyone run two different color HID's on there Jeep. I was planning going with the blueish white for the headlights and the yellow for my fogs, but i am worried on how they will look. If you do, can you post a pics so i can check them out. Thanks

Old 08-14-2009, 10:01 AM
JK Freak

I think those would look out of place... Very ricer. If you want to spend the money to upgrade you should look at the high quality replacements like Daniel Stern's Cibie or the Hella replacements with e-spec lenses and higher wattage bulbs.

I was thinking about getting this kit:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ighlight=hella

Last edited by dadgummit; 08-14-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

what's that blue bulb for? does it serve as high beam?
Old 08-14-2009, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

From past experiences, these headlights aren't worth diddly squat. Light dispersion pattern is similar to the one from the stock headlights and even more dangerous because of the light being thrown off by the cheap reflector.

I understand perfectly what you are trying to do (getting cheap projector headlights) for I am on the same quest but I fear that there is only one option left for us guys : Just Empty Every Pockets
Old 08-14-2009, 02:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have seen these housings on ebay for as little as $25 which scares me on the quality. I know that when 'Euro tail lights' were all the craze (red brakelight in an all chrome/clear housing) there were versions showing up for around that same price when the name brand units were still $200+. The cheaper ones would allow moisture to enter in between the lens and the reflector and you would end up with condensation on the inside of the housing. When it tried it would leave yellow streaks. So suffice to say just make sure you have seen them first hand before you buy them.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dadgummit
I think those would look out of place... Very ricer. If you want to spend the money to upgrade you should look at the high quality replacements like Daniel Stern's Cibie or the Hella replacements with e-spec lenses and higher wattage bulbs.

I was thinking about getting this kit:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ighlight=hella
I went with the Hellas, oh what a difference. I was skeptical with all the other praises of Cibies and Hellas. The E-code lenses make such a huge difference. Money well spent
Old 08-15-2009, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with the Hellas from rallylights.com the kit is $199 and well worth it,, I just put mine in tonight and the difference is just amazing.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

thanks everyone for the input, guess i will keep looking
Old 08-17-2009, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

I got an e-mail from Dave at Northridge4X4 this morning and he says their prototype JK headlights will be out soon if you can wait!

Mikey
Old 08-17-2009, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SgtMikey
I got an e-mail from Dave at Northridge4X4 this morning and he says their prototype JK headlights will be out soon if you can wait!

Mikey
I was going to go with that 200.00 setup buy maybe i'll wait for Dave's setup and see how it rates and pricing.

Quick Reply: 7" headlights !!!!!