Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

7" H4 100/80w Hella Headlamp System just came

Old 11-13-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkS1de
So just plug and play? Or do some wires need to be cut/spliced? It's either this mod or a tuner. Mod money never seems to be enough!
If you get the complete kit from rallylights.com it is plug and play.

As for myself, I'm cheap as hell and have been wiring relay upgrades for my cars for 15 years.
I do have to admit, the JK is the biggest pain in the ass that I have encountered on account of the stupid CAN-BUS computer for the lighting. You need to add capacitors and diodes to the harness to keep the computer from freaking out and making the relays buzz and shut off.

So yeah, ralllylights.com FTW. They have all of that done for you.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the info BigRich. Ya that sounds like something I would not want to attempt. Might have the jeep catch on fire if I did. LOL.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

So If I buy this kit on the site, what else whould it be left for me to change? Whould it be a plug and play and thats it? What about the fuse or else? Im assuming the instruction are well described? SM6024J headlights with SM6024JG- 100/80w Hella Premium Xenon Blue
Old 11-13-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pastorwug
I bought the H4 Hella High Performance 100/80W Xenon Blue Bulbs - hope they're not too bluish in tint.
I got the same bulbs.....No real blue tint that I can see.

Originally Posted by suprseb
So If I buy this kit on the site, what else whould it be left for me to change? Whould it be a plug and play and thats it? What about the fuse or else? Im assuming the instruction are well described? SM6024J headlights with SM6024JG- 100/80w Hella Premium Xenon Blue
Real easy to install. Plug and play. the harness is pretty much straight forward. Per the instructions I removed the battery and installed the relay's behind, one wire to (each) red and black to battery, plug in harness to H13 pass plug (not much extra wire), run the new lines to each headlight, plug in, adjust if needed...done.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

Very nice! And im also assuming that all wires and relay comes with the package!
Thanks
Old 11-13-2011, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Very nice! And im also assuming that all wires and relay comes with the package!
Thanks
Yep! All you need comes with the JK kit.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks
The harness they send really is a work of art considering all that goes into it to tap into the computer and send the signal to the relays that light the lamps. There is no way I would have ever figured out how to wire up these relays to get the JK to make these work. The harness is extra $$ but well worth it. Everything you need comes in the kit for about $260 delivered to CA.
Pictures tonight and light up the night!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just went out and took these. First one is High beams second is low....Granted that's about 30 feet from the front of the Jeep to the fence.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	high beams.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	236753   Click image for larger version

Name:	low beam.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	236754  
Old 11-14-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Ordered mine about a week ago from rallylights. Talked to Wil today on the phone and he stated that they were alittle behind because they were tapped out on some parts. Wiring harness is being made tonight and will be shipped tomorrow. Can't wait.

It's nice to read that the install is easy.

Curious....are the 80/100 xenon bulbs illegal? Running em anyways if they are.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did you get these installed? Cant wait to see the pictures of these, i think i will get them

Quick Reply: 7" H4 100/80w Hella Headlamp System just came