Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

52" light bar whistle - my fix

Old 12-07-2015, 08:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deanhead
Is that a piece of rubber cove base? I don't want to seem stupid but from your photos I can't quite tell what you did. Could you explain? I want to add a light bar to our JKU but don't want the noise that a lot of folks are apparently experiencing.
rubber baseboard from home depot $1.87 for a 48" piece... I used 2 of them on for the top side and one for the bottom side...measured the depth of the channel in the back of the light bar and trimmed the strip so the piece was a 1/4 inch or so longer and the cut another strip to slide in the same groove to make it snug. The one on the top side flips up. Did the same thing on the bottom of the light with the rubber flipped down. At the time i think it was too cold and wet for the adhesive to get a grip so I ended up with a couple of small screws through the fins to hold it in place.

Seems no more noisy that before it was put on
Old 01-08-2016, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by pazitive44
Can you post pictures ...? Did you modify the fins on the Light Bar ??
Yea I will post some pictures. I didn't modify the light bar any at all. We just got back from a 2000 mile trip to Colorado and had no noise issues at all.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by batt75batt75
Yea I will post some pictures. I didn't modify the light bar any at all. We just got back from a 2000 mile trip to Colorado and had no noise issues at all.

This would be great to know because my whistles driving me nuts

Quick Reply: 52" light bar whistle - my fix