Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

3.5 mm right angle connectors for iPod

Old 02-15-2008, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.5 mm right angle connectors for iPod

I searched but couldn't find the thread mentioning the need for 3.5 mm right angle connectors for iPods to the stock aux input on the head unit. Just thought I'd share with you guys this link to an eBay store that has all of them. He carries lengths from 2 ft. to 25 ft. and has right angle and straight connections. I got one form him and it arrived to the east coast from AZ in 1 day.

http://electronics.search.ebay.com/_Audio-Cables-Connectors_W0QQcatrefZC12QQsacatZ14964QQsassZrazer n

Last edited by JackMac4; 02-16-2008 at 07:06 AM. Reason: please do not direct link to non-sponsors
Old 02-15-2008, 11:29 AM
JK Newbie

I searched high and low for those when I first got my Jeep. I checked every Radio Shack, Walmart, Best Buy, etc... I was going to use the jack for my plug-and-play Sirius receiver and all I could find was straight connectors. I ended up buying a new factory head unit with the Sirius receiver because I did not want a wire running and could not find a place I like to mount the p-n-p receiver. Good to know that the right angle connectors are available though.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

I found this while slummin' at the local Walmart...

http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID1/210/sfID2/274/productID/1517

It comes with a few things that most won't use but it does have a 3.5mm cable and 3.5mm right angle adapter. Only $20.

Rob

Last edited by JackMac4; 02-16-2008 at 07:07 AM. Reason: please do not direct link to non-sponsors
Old 02-15-2008, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome. I just opened this forum to find an old thread that talked about these cables - and this was the first post. Nice timing. Thanks a bunch for posting.

Brian
Old 02-16-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by N2rock
I'm confused... Why do you need a right-angle connector? I have just straight connectors on my cable. My iPod pretty much lives in my jeep.
++ I have a regular plain old 3.5mm 3ft cable from ratshack and it works like a champ.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by N2rock
I'm confused... Why do you need a right-angle connector? I have just straight connectors on my cable. My iPod pretty much lives in my jeep.
You don't need right angle connectors they just mount more flush to the radio. I just put in a Sirius receiver using the straight connectors and I will most likely get the right angles because I don't like how the straights stick out of the radio.

Quick Reply: 3.5 mm right angle connectors for iPod