Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara radio harness diagram

Old 12-31-2022, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara radio harness diagram

Help, please! I am trying to replace the head unit in my 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara and the replacement device has a different harness plug than the stock Jeep radio. I need a diagram of either the wiring colors, or of the 22-pin plug so I can match the wire up. I've got the wiring diagram for the replacement plug.

I have searched Google endlessly and I am frustrated to the point of tears. Help, please, if you can.
Old 01-02-2023, 08:19 PM
JK Newbie

I am happy to say my new Dual Electronics XDCPA10BT 7" head unit is installed and working perfectly. And with the PAC RP4-CH11 device the steering wheel controls are doing exactly what they are supposed to do.

That along with the MPC Remote Start unit installed and starting like a charm and I have made the first two major mods to my Jeep.

If the weather warms up tomorrow I may try to install a backup camera, but with the current weather pattern here in Southeast Iowa it may have to wait until it warms up since I don't have a garage.

Thank you for your suggestions and assistance.

Jacquelinne
Old 01-03-2023, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 399 Likes on 374 Posts

Welcome to JKF.. Congrats on Success, good to have the 'Tunes" .. Good group on here; keep posting up questions and successes.
The following users liked this post:
Jacquelinne (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 01:57 AM
JK Newbie

Music is very important, but the head unit upgrade was more for access to Android Auto; maps, phone, etc. I want to do a weekend trip every month in 2023 to somewhere I've never been.
Old 01-04-2023, 05:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacquelinne
I am happy to say my new Dual Electronics XDCPA10BT 7" head unit is installed and working perfectly. And with the PAC RP4-CH11 device the steering wheel controls are doing exactly what they are supposed to do.

That along with the MPC Remote Start unit installed and starting like a charm and I have made the first two major mods to my Jeep.

If the weather warms up tomorrow I may try to install a backup camera, but with the current weather pattern here in Southeast Iowa it may have to wait until it warms up since I don't have a garage.

Thank you for your suggestions and assistance.

Jacquelinne

I never saw anyone respond to your request for the wiring diagram. How did you get it to work in the end? Did you use an interface module to get the steering wheel controls to work?
Old 01-04-2023, 05:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by copb8
I never saw anyone respond to your request for the wiring diagram. How did you get it to work in the end? Did you use an interface module to get the steering wheel controls to work?
It was a combination of two things...I had posted this question in a couple other forms as well, and someone there provided the diagram I was looking for. The diagram was pretty straightforward as far as which speakers were which, but I did decide to go with the PAC RP4 CH 11 interface so that I could maintain my steering wheel controls. Although it was a little pricey, $150, having those controls does make life a little easier.

If you are looking for the speaker diagram for the 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited I can certainly sure that with you now.
Old 01-04-2023, 06:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It was a combination of two things...I had posted this question in a couple other forms as well, and someone there provided the diagram I was looking for. The diagram was pretty straightforward as far as which speakers were which, but I did decide to go with the PAC RP4 CH 11 interface so that I could maintain my steering wheel controls. Although it was a little pricey, $150, having those controls does make life a little easier.

If you are looking for the speaker diagram for the 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited I can certainly sure that with you now.
Thank you. Since my '15 has the upgraded speakers and subwoofer from the factory I'm satisfied with their sound quality so I was going to wire my head unit straight into the existing amp behind the dash.

One of my biggest objectives of upgrading the head unit is to get Android Auto and a back-up camera. I was pretty set on one unit until I read a review that it takes the back-up camera 30 seconds to come on before displaying on the unit. This was only when you first start the car and want to start backing out the driveway. Now I'm looking for a unit that has very fast boot time to minimize that lag.
Old 01-20-2023, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

Default Solved: PAC Not Working Correctly

I was able to re-program the PAC after watching some videos online. The instructions are not descriptive enough. Having someone walk through the re-programming process is essential.

**How did you get the PAC to work correctly? I’ve installed mine, but the steering wheel controls are not working still and the subwoofer is weak.**

Last edited by RangerJenkins; 01-23-2023 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Solved
Old 01-20-2023, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RangerJenkins
How did you get the PAC to work correctly? I’ve installed mine, but the steering wheel controls are not working still and the subwoofer is weak.
Make sure the radio type on the PAC is dry correctly. If your brand of radio isn't listed chose 'other'. Also, you can manually set some swc controls.

I would suggest reaching out to the manufacturer to get additional help. Where did you buy it?
Old 01-20-2023, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

Default PAC Selection

Do you select the brand of radio? Or the brand of the amp/speakers?
I installed a cheaper Boss aftermarket stereo.
The speakers are the stock Alpine system.

I selected Alpine on the PAC. But your post says it should be the radio brand (which would be “other” for Boss.

Make sure the radio type on the PAC is dry correctly. If your brand of radio isn't listed chose 'other'. Also, you can manually set some swc controls.

I would suggest reaching out to the manufacturer to get additional help. Where did you buy it?

Quick Reply: 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara radio harness diagram