Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2015 needs stereo upgrade

Old 08-08-2015, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 needs stereo upgrade

So I just recently traded my Ram 1500 with the extremely large touch screen for an Unlimited Rubi with the normal no sub system, while the sound wasn't some top notch system in the ram I can say that the Jeep seriously lacking in the audio department.

May the very least I want to upgrade the factory speakers to something that is good quality. Also what connectors would I need to switch them.

I am also kicking around the idea of upgrading the HU and adding a sub. With the HU the previous owner added the Mopar hands free connectivity and I'm not sure how that would affect a HU change as I like having that option.

thank you for any help
Old 08-09-2015, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey bud. I expect you will get a lot of opinions from everyone who has done an upgrade. The key will be to read; ALOT. Figure out what you want, and what your priorities and budget are. I went with a pioneer AVH-4100 NEX head unit and the mopar kicker upgrade. For me, having a detachable faceplate on the HU, and an SD card slot were a priority. It overpowered my alpine speakers, so the mopar for the price were great (and plug and play as well). Good luck with your search.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info!

I just picked up a Pioneer AVH X2700BS, PAC RP4-CH11, Sirius antenna, antenna adapter, and mounting kit.

Now, I just need some direction on speakers, amps, sub and box.

Liking the RF pbr's for the amps due to the size
Old 08-09-2015, 09:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by WV_Blue_Rubi
Thanks for the info! I just picked up a Pioneer AVH X2700BS, PAC RP4-CH11, Sirius antenna, antenna adapter, and mounting kit. Now, I just need some direction on speakers, amps, sub and box. Liking the RF pbr's for the amps due to the size
The rf amps are good. I will not try to steer you away from them. I will give you my personal experience. I'm currently running a ppi p900.4 its mounted to the underside of the rear seat. It's powerful, small, and will play in 100 deg. Heat with no overheating issues full blast for hours. Price is great too.

However I think you can fit two of the rf amps under the dash somewhere. Get with mattk11 on that one.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you for the info! I went with the PBR300.4 with RF P165SI for the dash and roll bar. Can't wait for it all to get here. Still contemplating adding a sub or not. I am probably going to give it a go with out first and see how it goes

Quick Reply: 2015 needs stereo upgrade