Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2015 JKU Viper Keyless entry question

Old 07-07-2015, 06:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 JKU Viper Keyless entry question

I had the Viper 5806v installed in my JK right after I got it from the dealer. I had power door locks, remote start and alarm installed. I told the installer I wanted it to honk the horn like factory style and no siren. We can do that he said! Well, what I got was kinda just that.. Press to lock and you get 2 beeps of the horn, more like a short weak beep and then a honk when you lock. But if you press the function button on the side you get one honk on lock, like factory. When you unlock it you get 2 honks. Now you can bypass the honk feature on unlock if you press the function button on the side of the remote, but that is not how I want this to work and this is starting to drive me up the wall. I took it back to the installer and I was told that is the way it is going to work and until Jeep comes out with an update there is nothing I or he can do to change it! I am not happy with that answer.. I know there has to be a better way to make this thing work right and the way I want it to work. Here is how I want it to work. Press the lock button on the remote and it honks the horn once. Press the unlock button and the horn does not honk! Simple as that. Can that be achieved and how would I do it? Thanks for any input...
Old 07-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I've got a viper as well but mine works differently. There is some truth to the point that the dball module can only be changed so much based on what the factory allows to be modified.

That being said, see if removing the horn output on the viper alarm will allow you to achieve what you want. The horn doesn't honk when the viper goes off anyways.

My viper 5706....I think....unlock is two bleeps from the alarm and lock is just a single blip from the horn. Even on "silent" lock, the horn still honks. Silent unlock is actually silent.

Also- I do not have any factory power accessories, so the horn honk from my alarm is all the viper.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree. I have the Viper as well and I want it to beep when I Arm it but I dont need to alert everyone that I am gettin in my Jeep with 2 beeps. Its VERY annoying.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by Tammy
I agree. I have the Viper as well and I want it to beep when I Arm it but I dont need to alert everyone that I am gettin in my Jeep with 2 beeps. Its VERY annoying.
I think I read in the manual that you can adjust that, it's "beep on entry" or something to that effect. I'm not sure if it's one you can walk through with the valet button and count the honks or if you have to take it to your installer. You probably paid as much as I did for the system and would rather have them adjust it but my installer is an hour away so I tinker with the adjustments myself. Google should produce a full manual for you, I think they're 478 pages.
Old 07-19-2015, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
I think I read in the manual that you can adjust that, it's "beep on entry" or something to that effect. I'm not sure if it's one you can walk through with the valet button and count the honks or if you have to take it to your installer. You probably paid as much as I did for the system and would rather have them adjust it but my installer is an hour away so I tinker with the adjustments myself. Google should produce a full manual for you, I think they're 478 pages.

Ok thanks. I will see what I can find out. All this beeping gets on my nerves.
If I find Out I will let you know and you do the same please. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2015 JKU Viper Keyless entry question