Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2015 Factory radio swap

Old 09-03-2024, 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 Factory radio swap

Mine is RHB and is black screen. Can I just find another one with the same RHB on the bottom front of the radio and plug and play?
Old 09-03-2024, 11:06 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,690 Posts

that is going to depend 100% on if you have the security code for the replacement radio or not. Physically yes, plug and play. If you don't have the security code for the new radio though, it will be a brick in your dash.
The following users liked this post:
Itsalwaysdave (09-03-2024)
Old 09-03-2024, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks. One I bought off eBay today is coming with the vin#. So all I should have to do is call my local dealer
Old 09-03-2024, 05:21 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

you'd like to think it is that easy. it used to take an act of congress to get that from a dealer. used to have to speak directly to a service manager, and you MIGHT be able to find one willing to help. when I did the same, it took the entire dallas/fort worth metroplex of dealers for me to find 1 that would finally help me, and that was ONLY because I had the previous owner of the radio willing to talk to them and provide all their information. i guess CDJR thought they were putting blocks of pure gold in all these dashes and they'd be stollen left and right. idk. hopefully having the vin will help you. please follow up if you're able to get that code easily. I'd be curious to know.
Old 09-07-2024, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

Wasn't bad at all. Called 2 different dealerships and second was easy. Sent vin, serial # and part #. He texted me the code in like 10 mins.

Originally Posted by resharp001
you'd like to think it is that easy. it used to take an act of congress to get that from a dealer. used to have to speak directly to a service manager, and you MIGHT be able to find one willing to help. when I did the same, it took the entire dallas/fort worth metroplex of dealers for me to find 1 that would finally help me, and that was ONLY because I had the previous owner of the radio willing to talk to them and provide all their information. i guess CDJR thought they were putting blocks of pure gold in all these dashes and they'd be stollen left and right. idk. hopefully having the vin will help you. please follow up if you're able to get that code easily. I'd be curious to know.
The following users liked this post:
Jay2013jk (09-07-2024)
Old 09-08-2024, 02:55 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

That's good to hear. These dealers are just so dumb on a lot of this stuff. I'm not kidding.....i had a dealer's service manager tell me he could go to jail if he helped me and then was found that the radio was stolen, and he wasn't willing to risk it. Just insane. Glad you got it working.

Quick Reply: 2015 Factory radio swap