Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2014 JK unlimited Cruise Control

Old 03-15-2014, 10:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought a 2014 JK Unlimited Willy's Wheeler. I drove it to work and on the way in I set the cruise control for 50 miles. No problems. On the way home I had the cruise control set at the same speed as the way in, 70 mph, and about 10 miles in the cruise control shut off.

I drove it again the following day, 70 mph with cruise control set, and it was fine. On the way home the cruise control cut out again. It happened in the same exact spot as the first day.

This spot on the highway has a slight uphill grade with a constant cross wind, the area is notoriously windy in the afternoon.

I'm just wondering if this is some kind of factory program to prevent high rpm and speed acceleration during down shift to maintain speed while cruise control is on (also fuel management)? Or is this not normal? No lights come on, and I can immediately turn the cruise control back on.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by scrota76; 03-15-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe the stability control is engaging and turning off the cruise?
Old 03-16-2014, 05:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Collyn
Maybe the stability control is engaging and turning off the cruise?
What he said. It will do the same thing if you go over a big patch of ice.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you. Drove through the same area and it stayed on the entire time. No cut off this time.

Quick Reply: 2014 JK unlimited Cruise Control