Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2013 JKU w Alpine OEM System (730N) - Speed Sensitive Volume/EQ

Old 08-12-2013, 12:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 JKU w Alpine OEM System (730N) - Speed Sensitive Volume/EQ

Hello

I've read online some conflicting reports of whether the 730N in the JKU has speed sensitive volume. I haven't experienced the volume level going up or down in relation to vehicle speed personally. For the record, has anyone else experienced this?

Also regardless of the question on speed sensitive volume - I also wanted to ask if anyone knows whether the 730N or Alpine amp has any type of speed sensitive EQ functionality? Has anyone by chance done any experimentation to determine how "flat" the signal output is with bass/mid/treble set to "Flat"?

The answers to these questions will help me decide A) if I am going to keep the 730N and B) whether I can go with a simple LOC or if I should rather choose something like a JL Cleansweep.

Thank you,

Justin
Old 08-12-2013, 02:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The UConnect website for the 730N (RHR) has no mention of Speed Sensitvity.

I've had that feature on conventional vehicles and it worked "reasonably" well but IMO it would have limited value on Jeep given the noise level of a Jeep even running fully dressed (with the hard top on).

I would focus more on the feature set, security (the RHR does not attract attention like some other units) and "as is" integration with everything except a backup camera and cost to make the decision.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

It may not advertise as having it, but it does. I can tell mine gets louder during acceleration.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Just picked up my 2014 Rubi Unlimited on Monday, and yes it does and i want to know how to turn it off!!!!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by justinjbaron
Hello I've read online some conflicting reports of whether the 730N in the JKU has speed sensitive volume. I haven't experienced the volume level going up or down in relation to vehicle speed personally. For the record, has anyone else experienced this? Also regardless of the question on speed sensitive volume - I also wanted to ask if anyone knows whether the 730N or Alpine amp has any type of speed sensitive EQ functionality? Has anyone by chance done any experimentation to determine how "flat" the signal output is with bass/mid/treble set to "Flat"? The answers to these questions will help me decide A) if I am going to keep the 730N and B) whether I can go with a simple LOC or if I should rather choose something like a JL Cleansweep. Thank you, Justin
Justin, you cannot get a "flat" signal from the Alpine system regardless of what HU you bought. The closest you will get is using a Cleansweep, Bit Ten or other summing device AFTER the factory amp but you will need a professional set-up to get it right.

The system is extremely poorly EQd at the factory. The quality of the Alpine speakers leave a lot to be desired and the amp is very under powered. When I got my 2013 I was shocked at how bad the "premium" system sounded. No highs and very little bass. The sound bar speakers have no tweeter and they actually attenuate the bass and the volume through the EQ. When you take the hard top off, the CanBus actually turns the volume down. It is the strangest premium sound system I've ever had.

I yanked the whole thing, sold off the pieces and replaced it all.

Quick Reply: 2013 JKU w Alpine OEM System (730N) - Speed Sensitive Volume/EQ