Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2013 JKU power door lock issue

Old 05-14-2013, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 JKU power door lock issue

Hi, all. I have a 2013 JKU Sahara and I just installed the Aries security lid in the back for the summer while using the soft top. My problem is that when I hit the lock button on the key fob or on the doors, my doors lock but if you reach into the jeep. You can still unlock my doors by hitting the unlock button on the door. This defeats the purpose of the security lid as it uses the rear door as the final closing point to seal the cargo area from "sticky" fingers..!! My buddy has a 2011 JKU Sahara & once he hits the lock button on his key fob. The interior buttons become disengaged thus not operable. I can't see Jeep changing this feature for 2013..?! I even tried hitting the lock button multiple times in a row to see if it would solve the problem but no luck. Can anyone please help me with this security issue..?? Thanks in advance..!!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:59 PM
JK Super Freak

How long are you waiting? It normally takes about 15-20 seconds for the lock buttons to disengage after locking the doors with the fob.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
How long are you waiting? It normally takes about 15-20 seconds for the lock buttons to disengage after locking the doors with the fob.

X2 usually once the light starts blinking on the dash the buttons wont work anymore
Old 05-15-2013, 04:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
Thank you. Apparently my impatience was the problem not my JK. This is my first Jeep & I'm loving it..!! I thought once you hit the button that it would disable the buttons but you guys are right. There is a delay. Lol. Problem solved..!!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grimmjpr

X2 usually once the light starts blinking on the dash the buttons wont work anymore
Thanks..!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 02:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by usmcjk
Thank you. Apparently my impatience was the problem not my JK. This is my first Jeep & I'm loving it..!! I thought once you hit the button that it would disable the buttons but you guys are right. There is a delay. Lol. Problem solved..!!
Awesome, glad it's working as it should.

Quick Reply: 2013 JKU power door lock issue