Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2013 jk horizontal headlight adjustment???

Old 04-20-2013, 08:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 jk horizontal headlight adjustment???

has anyone found a way around this?? I just got a pair of trucklite phase 6 headlights and it is clear how much its needed I'm considering adding a washer to tilt the lights outward but i dont know if it will be too drastic. If anyone has fixed this or has an idea on how to adjust this please let me know
Old 04-20-2013, 09:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a small torq bit screw in the 1 to 2 o'clock position on the driver side and 10 to 11 o'clock position on the passenger. You have to take the grille off to adjust.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think there is a horizontal adjustment, only a vertical one. And you don't have to remove the grill to adjust it if you have T-handle torx wrenches
Old 04-21-2013, 02:37 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by bob-o
I don't think there is a horizontal adjustment, only a vertical one. And you don't have to remove the grill to adjust it if you have T-handle torx wrenches
This will also work, without removing the grill.
The important thing is the bit end and the shank must be the same diameter.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:34 AM
JK Super Freak

If you take the headlight housing rings out and remove one of the pivot points you can replace it with another adjustable screw. I bought them from the dealership for like six dollars. Now i can adjust my lights up down left and right to get them exactly how i want them. If you look at the grill arround the headlight you can see where there is another recess in the plastic like there was suposed to be two adjustment screws anyway.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
If you take the headlight housing rings out and remove one of the pivot points you can replace it with another adjustable screw. I bought them from the dealership for like six dollars. Now i can adjust my lights up down left and right to get them exactly how i want them. If you look at the grill arround the headlight you can see where there is another recess in the plastic like there was suposed to be two adjustment screws anyway.
Thanks I called the dealership and ordered these screws they were 2.50 each so im sure its goign to end up around 6 bucks after tax and what not. Ill let you know how it goes after I pick them up today
Old 04-23-2013, 12:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hollowpoint515
Thanks I called the dealership and ordered these screws they were 2.50 each so im sure its goign to end up around 6 bucks after tax and what not. Ill let you know how it goes after I pick them up today
Do you have a part number for the screws? I've had to mickeymouse things to get my Trucklites un-crosseyed.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 04-23-2013, 01:25 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I just used a piece of black electrical tape to make a shim and it has been working perfectfor the last several thousand miles. The biggest pain was setting them up in the dark as I wanted them set perfect. I like the screw idea as it would be more conveniant that is for sure. Not sure why they don't have the horizontal adj from the factory but I was told it was because they are designed for automatic adjusters but we just never got them.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jadmt
I just used a piece of black electrical tape to make a shim and it has been working perfectfor the last several thousand miles. The biggest pain was setting them up in the dark as I wanted them set perfect. I like the screw idea as it would be more conveniant that is for sure. Not sure why they don't have the horizontal adj from the factory but I was told it was because they are designed for automatic adjusters but we just never got them.
The auto adjustment only works for up and down not left and right. Im not sure why they did not put in a left and right adjustment screw but it was extremly anoying. Im crazy OCD about having my lights face forward and having the lght beams be parallel to one another. After i up graded from stock the new lights went crosseyed after about 20 feet so i had to fix that real quick or i would of lost my mind.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:43 PM
JK Newbie

So The screws didnt work on my 2013 or maybe I was doing something wrong but what I ened up doing is just doing the tape thing I used a piece of tape about 5 inches long and just overlapped it till it was about 1/4 inch thick and taped it on the inside used a razor blade to trim as needed and then screwed the light in

Quick Reply: 2013 jk horizontal headlight adjustment???