Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2013 interior led question

Old 03-11-2013, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 interior led question

Read about issues with switching out dome interiors with leds and the map lights staying on has anyone found a solution to this issue ?
Old 03-11-2013, 11:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Evening bump
Old 03-13-2013, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

I followed these instructions for my 2013 and it has worked out great. I went with blue lights for mine and think it looks good and have had no issues with lights staying on. Hope this helps. "For the rear: Search results for: '44mm festoon canbus' Choose your color. Only one for the rear is needed. I went red, but I think the 8000K is what is closer to normal. When you get it, gently pry off the rear dome cover with a tiny flathead screwdriver, pull out the old one, and put in the new LED. It is directional. In other words, put it in downward firing. It has a finned heatsink on the backside. Common sense can get you through the install in 2 minutes. Do squeeze the clips together to fit tighter on the new LED. Nothing to sweat. Like I said, common sense makes it a 2 minute deal. On the fronts, Putcos are avalible in several places, including Amazon. You will need two (1 pair as shown on the link) Link: Putco 280002W Type B White LED Stick Replacement Bulb - Pair : Amazon.com : Automotive Do not worry about the Amazon thing saying it will not fit. It does. Carefully take off the front dome cover with a small screwdriver, trying not to break the 4 tabs. The old bulbs do slide out forward, just wiggle at them and coax them out. The Putcos look the same on either side, but only fire on one side. It is the side that says made in the USA on it, as shown on Amazon. Slide them into the fittings so that the contacts match up to the metal clips, pop on the cover, and you are done. They do fade out, like the factory bulbs did, when they cycle off. Fronts took a little longer to install. Maybe 4 minutes. I personally went with red front and rear. Looks like a cathouse when I open up my new black 4 door at night My reasons were "preserving night vision". Yea, thats the ticket. Ok, I did it because it looks trick. The rearview mirror lights are nearly useless. However, I will convert them after while just to complete the deal.I would really like to know what is in there size wise so I can do some homework and convert them. Anyone know? But, they are pretty minor, and hardly noticable with the main red lighting anyway."
Old 05-08-2013, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can u list all bulb sizes for each dome light and footwell lights as well as tge mirror lights im wanting to change then but don't know all the sizes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-08-2013, 08:23 AM
JK Freak

I switched out my interior lights on my '09 Mustang when I still had it….had the same problem of lights still "glowing" all the time. It bothered me at first but after awhile I got used to it. I even deployed for 5 months and when I got back, started right up. LED's use such a low source of power to illuminate and they don't draw that much power from the battery…..just my $ .02….
Old 05-18-2013, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

I switched out mine and the lights under the mirror wouldn't go off. I called the manufacturer and they said that it was a jeep problem because those lights and the cargo light are connected somehow. I had to pop off the plastic cover on the bottom of the mirror and disconnect the circuit board that the lights are connected. I don't have those lights anymore, but I don't really care.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by joeg679
I switched out mine and the lights under the mirror wouldn't go off. I called the manufacturer and they said that it was a jeep problem because those lights and the cargo light are connected somehow. I had to pop off the plastic cover on the bottom of the mirror and disconnect the circuit board that the lights are connected. I don't have those lights anymore, but I don't really care.
I had the same issue so I cut the wires to the mirror. The lights still work thru the buttons but the wire I cut also worked the compass. So no more compass

Quick Reply: 2013 interior led question