Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2013 430N Not Reading CD Data

Old 12-07-2015, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 430N Not Reading CD Data

I just purchased a few new CDs, and two of them are not being recognized by the 430N system in my 2013 JKU. I've got ~150 other CDs loaded, and I think 2 of them didn't load the album art, but all the rest are fine. The new discs play great, it just can't find the album name or song name for them. The CDs are Going to Hell by The Pretty Reckless and 2002-2013 by Seether.

Do I need to upgrade my firmware to recognize newer CDs? Upload to iTunes, burn discs, and try that way? Any other suggestions?

The system information from my unit is:
Application: 44.00.01
Audio CPU: 100412
Gracenotes: 10F5
Old 12-07-2015, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

I think it might be the CDs not the radio but I'm not sure. Mine does the same thing on certain CDs.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

I just thought of this..... Do they load properly on a computer? Album art and song list?
Old 12-08-2015, 04:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I loaded one of them on iTunes and it loaded perfectly. Haven't tried the other one yet.

These are new releases, but I figured all the data comes from the cd not the radio, so I can't imagine it being the radio. Still, odd that it happened all of a sudden on two new cds.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

Album Art, Song Title etc. information is contained within the Gracenotes database. There may or may not be an updated database for your year/model available. You might have to do a bit of research, it's been a long time since I last did it. I rip new CD's to my computer and manually edit the MP3 tag data if required then upload via the USB port. I don't worry about the album art.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greenonions
Album Art, Song Title etc. information is contained within the Gracenotes database. There may or may not be an updated database for your year/model available. You might have to do a bit of research, it's been a long time since I last did it. I rip new CD's to my computer and manually edit the MP3 tag data if required then upload via the USB port. I don't worry about the album art.
OK, Thanks. Seems crazy to me that this data is in a database instead of captured on the CD, but that is what I was suspecting. Thanks for confirming it. Also helps explain some of the odd genre designations I've seen for some of my CDs. I'll research the Gracenotes update, but probably just follow the same process you're following. I've always had to burn CDs though and load them, haven't found a way to load via USB yet.

Quick Reply: 2013 430N Not Reading CD Data