Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2012 sound system

Old 07-19-2012, 09:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 sound system

Is it possible to get a 7 speaker system with an Infinity sub without the amp? I'm buying a new jeep tomorrow and I just checked to see if it had a subwoofer and the conectivity group. I'm now thinking maybe I should have checked to see if there's more to a stereo system.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

The infinity sub only comes with the amp.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MoreOvalteenPlz
X2. This dude is right...
Old 07-22-2012, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ezav8tr
Is it possible to get a 7 speaker system with an Infinity sub without the amp? I'm buying a new jeep tomorrow and I just checked to see if it had a subwoofer and the conectivity group. I'm now thinking maybe I should have checked to see if there's more to a stereo system.
If you are after good sound in a jeep, I recommend going with the basic stock radio... As soon as you get home, go to crutchfield, order new head unit, mids, tweets, sub, and 5 channel amp. Gut the jeep and wire in all new. Trust me. I have an 11 rubi w infinity... Threw it all out and put in a proper setup.

If you just want 'ok' sound, go w the infinity. you will read about all the 'kick' upgrades... Bottom line, even with the infinity amp, which is a joke, the sound bars will never sound good because of the limits of the head unit.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

X2 that's what I did with the stock garbage. And poly fill the sound bar!!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:36 AM
JK Newbie

X3 on the base model radio!
I was able to swap in a double din touch screen w/ nav, all new speakers, wires, amp, and sub for cheaper than the highest factory system upgrade.

and buy from crutch field as they include nearly everything you need (adapters, plates etc) for free!
Old 07-24-2012, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MoreOvalteenPlz
Where is the amp? Is it built into the head unit?
Old 07-24-2012, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have changed the stereo in almost every car/truck I have ever owned and the infinity setup in my 2012 jk 2 door sounds pretty good to me. It could use some more bass but overall is pretty damn good. Audio will be one of the last things I will change so I can have more money for fenders, bumpers, lift, gears, winch, wheels, tires.... Well you get the point.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bubbacon
If you are after good sound in a jeep, I recommend going with the basic stock radio... As soon as you get home, go to crutchfield, order new head unit, mids, tweets, sub, and 5 channel amp. Gut the jeep and wire in all new. Trust me. I have an 11 rubi w infinity... Threw it all out and put in a proper setup.

If you just want 'ok' sound, go w the infinity. you will read about all the 'kick' upgrades... Bottom line, even with the infinity amp, which is a joke, the sound bars will never sound good because of the limits of the head unit.
yeah this is what im doing as well except going for a single din unit. Take advantage of how easy it is in a jeep to put in whatever you want. youll get better bang for buck on all aspects, it would almost be silly not to. I can understand people not wanting to mess up the interior of a new benz or something with funny looking head units, but theres plenty of options that will look better or at least not out of place in the wranglers no nonsense interior.

also +1 for crutchfield, id contacted them before i realised they wouldnt ship to me but their service was better than anywhere else i spoke with - there are better prices out there but the few extra bucks is worth it considering the service (obviously though i cant comment on shipping times etc..)

Last edited by nevillebartos; 07-24-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have used crutch field in the past... But now use sonic electronix for audio stuff I need. Fastest shipping of anything I have ever bought. Literally next day. Unbeatable prices, and always include the adapters wire harness and antenna connectors. They have an eBay store as well as a website.

Quick Reply: 2012 sound system