Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2012 Auto Start options

Old 12-15-2011, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Auto Start options

I've noticed when I use the remote to start my 12 JK the AC is always on, I've made sure that when I park the Jeep the AC is not on but Auto Start seems to turn it on. Does anyone know how to turn this off when auto start is used...

Thanks
Old 12-15-2011, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

Isn't the 12 like the 11? A knob for the fan you can turn all the way counterclockwise for off?
Old 12-15-2011, 08:14 PM
JK Newbie

Do you have the auto A/C control? it will detect what the outside temp is and adjust the inside accordingly
Old 12-16-2011, 06:28 AM
JK Freak

Ah okay. No I don't. hope you get the bug worked out.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

I've been working this issue with Jeep since August. Jeep claims it is to help clear the interior of the vehicle, and that once you insert the key, you are to re-gain control of the A/C. Mine never regains control.

It's been driving me crazy since I bought this JKU. I wish you luck.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

On mine I don't have the fan speed dial set to Auto and very don't use the AC much. After I get in and put the key in and start driving I'm able to select the AC off but.... even thou the light goes off the AC will stay on...
Old 12-19-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by teamx
On mine I don't have the fan speed dial set to Auto and very don't use the AC much. After I get in and put the key in and start driving I'm able to select the AC off but.... even thou the light goes off the AC will stay on...
That is EXACTLY what mine does. My dealership is useless to figure this out. They can't even understand why this is a problem?!?! I told them it's not, unless I want to turn off the A/C. Their response was, "Why would you ever want to turn off the A/C?" Dealers...

Trending Topics

Old 12-19-2011, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Guys.. check all the other forums, I have been battling with Chrysler for Months on this issue.. there are about 6 Threads started on this issue. Whatever you guys are being told.. this is not a normal issue. google 2012 jeep wrangler remote start issue or 2012 jeep wrangler a/c issue.. youll see all the posts. please feel free to Private message me for any info you might need.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:00 PM
JK Newbie

thanks for the heads up and let us know if they have given you any resolution.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 2012unlimruby17
Guys.. check all the other forums, I have been battling with Chrysler for Months on this issue.. there are about 6 Threads started on this issue. Whatever you guys are being told.. this is not a normal issue. google 2012 jeep wrangler remote start issue or 2012 jeep wrangler a/c issue.. youll see all the posts. please feel free to Private message me for any info you might need.
I've been fighting with Jeep and my dealer since August with this issue. I'd be happy to trade notes with you or anyone else if it helps. I think this issue will be addressed by Jeep next summer, when the whole crop of 2012's are on the street and having these problems.

For the record, Jeep Engineering tells me the system is designed to engage the compressor based on a set of parameters that they wouldn't share. The intention is to cool and clear the Jeep while in remote start mode. Once the key is inserted an turned to the run position, the compressor should follow whatever settings are on the HVAC controls. In other words, if you have the controls set to have the vent on and A/C off, then remote start the Jeep, the compressor is to run (if the mystery parameters are met) until the key is inserted and turned to the run position. At that time the compressor should turn off since that is setting on the controls.

Though I think it's silly that the compressor runs during the remote start cycle, my real issue is that I NEVER gain control of the compressor after the key is engaged. Further, I don't get control of the compressor even after cycling the Jeep off and back on! The Jeep must sit for a period of time over 2 hours until I gain control of my compressor again.

Quick Reply: 2012 Auto Start options