Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2012 430N satellite time suddenly off by an hour; anyone else?

Old 03-05-2012, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 430N satellite time suddenly off by an hour; anyone else?

Hey, just thought I'd ask here before I went to the dealer. I'm having a bit of an issue with my 430N head unit; as of March 1 this year the time on my clock jumped ahead an hour like it was daylight savings, and it's staying that way. If I go in manually and set the time zone and time it is right, but as soon as I switch back to satellite time it jumps ahead again. Anyone else having this issue? It's a 2012 RHB 430N radio in a JKU Rubi. Thanks.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by carbonfiberunderpants
Hey, just thought I'd ask here before I went to the dealer. I'm having a bit of an issue with my 430N head unit; as of March 1 this year the time on my clock jumped ahead an hour like it was daylight savings, and it's staying that way. If I go in manually and set the time zone and time it is right, but as soon as I switch back to satellite time it jumps ahead again. Anyone else having this issue? It's a 2012 RHB 430N radio in a JKU Rubi. Thanks.
You probably need to go into the settings and uncheck the daylight savings time checkbox. It may still be from an older batch of radios (not everything in a 2012 is from 2012 )
Old 03-05-2012, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried that, but it's not checked. That setting is also overridden when I switch back to sat mode for the time; it doesn't matter what I set it at it always jumps to an hour ahead...
Old 03-05-2012, 09:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by carbonfiberunderpants
I tried that, but it's not checked. That setting is also overridden when I switch back to sat mode for the time; it doesn't matter what I set it at it always jumps to an hour ahead...
weird... post the outcome when it's resolved please...
Old 04-09-2012, 11:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes, mine was off by an hour and the daylight savings time box was checked.
I just told the unit to go to Mountain Time and be done with it, but it is odd....

Quick Reply: 2012 430N satellite time suddenly off by an hour; anyone else?