Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2011 nav/radio use glitchy w steering wheel controls

Old 07-03-2011, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2011 nav/radio use glitchy w steering wheel controls

This is driving me nuts. When I hit the left steering wheel circle button to scroll through my pre-set "favorite" stations before I touch the touchscreen, it will jump to random stations or jump back and forth between stations and not "scroll." it seems to do it even moreso when I have the nav running. It is the most random glitch and is driving me absolutely insane. I have even had it sitting on the "radio" screen and watched it go from 1 to 2 then I hit the button again and it just jumped to "40s" on Sirius which I (obviously!) don't have as a preset. Please help before I lose my mind!!
Old 07-03-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mikeyut3
This is driving me nuts. When I hit the left steering wheel circle button to scroll through my pre-set "favorite" stations before I touch the touchscreen, it will jump to random stations or jump back and forth between stations and not "scroll." it seems to do it even moreso when I have the nav running. It is the most random glitch and is driving me absolutely insane. I have even had it sitting on the "radio" screen and watched it go from 1 to 2 then I hit the button again and it just jumped to "40s" on Sirius which I (obviously!) don't have as a preset. Please help before I lose my mind!!
I don't have the nav, but my mygig jumped from Sirius 8, all the way to dallas traffic? I was like well better that than the spice channel with kids in the car.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wgrin
I don't have the nav, but my mygig jumped from Sirius 8, all the way to dallas traffic? I was like well better that than the spice channel with kids in the car.
I remember trying to watch the scrambled spice channel when i was a kid... but i digress...
Old 07-03-2011, 06:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by slinky

I remember trying to watch the scrambled spice channel when i was a kid... but i digress...
Lol. When you flipped the channel back an forth fast enough you could get a quick view of some boob. Lol, I thought I was the only one who did that.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EarlyJk

Lol. When you flipped the channel back an forth fast enough you could get a quick view of some boob. Lol, I thought I was the only one who did that.
We called that scramble vision! Me and my bros favorite thing to watch after TGIF as 10 year olds!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Seriously though, anyone have this issue and, more importantly, know what I can do to solve it? Thanks!
Old 07-04-2011, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Same here

Mine steering wheel controls do get a bit glitchy sometimes but not as bad as your situation. Mine usually just don't register when I press one side or the other. I try again and it's good. Sorry. These 11's can be finicky. hope you work it out.

Cheers!
Old 07-04-2011, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

What position is your tilt wheel in? Has happened to me twice with the wheel all the way up. I dropped it down a hair and buttons worked again.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by inverse121
What position is your tilt wheel in? Has happened to me twice with the wheel all the way up. I dropped it down a hair and buttons worked again.
It's definetly not all the way up. Maybe I'll jiggle it around.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's definetly not all the way up. Maybe I'll jiggle it around.

Quick Reply: 2011 nav/radio use glitchy w steering wheel controls