Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2011 half doors on a 2012 that came with full doors

Old 04-25-2012, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 half doors on a 2012 that came with full doors

I just got a set of used 1/2 doors from a 2011 and put on my 2012. All is good except the wire connectors are different and won't plug up to each other. The 1/2 doors only have 2 purple wires in a 10 pin connector, and the full 2012 doors had a 14 pin connector and I dont see 2 purple wires in either one of those. I was planning to just use a 2 wire connector for each door and connect them to the right circuits, but have no idea which wires to hook them to.
Any ideas?
Old 04-26-2012, 12:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't aware of any wiring change for 2012, but if you dont like the half doors, i'll gladly take them off your hands. I wouldn't worry to much about wiring a half door, I think it is just for the interior lights when you open the door.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

I agree, you don't really need to wire them but if you can figure out which wires on your 12 run the door closure switch it solves the problem of the stereo running for a couple minutes after you leave your Jeep.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mariner
I wasn't aware of any wiring change for 2012, but if you dont like the half doors, i'll gladly take them off your hands. I wouldn't worry to much about wiring a half door, I think it is just for the interior lights when you open the door.
There wasn't a Wiring change, just changing the Connector from a 10 pin to a 14 pin to handle the Extras added on the 2012....
Old 01-16-2013, 01:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DanD
I just got a set of used 1/2 doors from a 2011 and put on my 2012. All is good except the wire connectors are different and won't plug up to each other. The 1/2 doors only have 2 purple wires in a 10 pin connector, and the full 2012 doors had a 14 pin connector and I dont see 2 purple wires in either one of those. I was planning to just use a 2 wire connector for each door and connect them to the right circuits, but have no idea which wires to hook them to.
Any ideas?
The easiest Thing to do is Get a couple 14 pin plugs on eBay and that way it's a simple plug, unplug and you lose no features etc. without a connector on the Half doors means more battery Drain or you have to turn everything off manually or let it stay on at set timing....that's a pain in the ....to have to do that all the time..lol;

Quick Reply: 2011 half doors on a 2012 that came with full doors