Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2010 MYGIG frozen

Old 11-14-2010, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 MYGIG frozen

So I have a 2010 Rubicon with the mygig navigation system and twice in the last month it has frozen in the middle of a phone call and won't shut off even when I turn the ignition off and open the door.

I went to the dealership and they said that there was a memo from Chrysler about this problem and that they would have to reset my system.

Fast forward a month and it happened again so now the dealership resets it and gives me a list of compatible phones and my phone was too new and it was the problem.

So finally after talking to the technician who worked on my Jeep he told me that I could reset it my self if it happens again. Very simple fix.

In the fuse box there is a white plastic piece surrounding a square 60 amp fuse, if you pull the plastic piece up and leave it up for about ten minutes it will reset the system.

You do not lose any saved data on the hard drive.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not limited to the mygigs.

A lot of the new phones seem to screwing up the bluetooth features on many different makes and models. This will probably be fixed with newer updates (phone and/or system update) as they come available.

The iPhone seems to be the most compatible. Never had a problem setting them up to newer or older cars with bluetooth. (Love my iPhone, hate ATT)
Old 11-19-2010, 07:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What software version are you running? I used to have that issue till I updated the MyGig software.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-REW-REP-2.302

Quick Reply: 2010 MYGIG frozen