Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2010 Foglight Update!!!

Old 12-21-2009, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Foglight Update!!!

2010 Fog-light Update!!! Just received a set of PUTCO Pure Ion Spark White H16/9009. I was very excited to install them and get ride of the ridicules bulbs that come stock. I have candles that are brighter! Anyway I pull the grill off and get the the bulbs quickly go to swap and SOB there is a tab that wont let the bulb fit snug. So I grab a dremel and hack that little nipple off and go for it again. I get it to fit snug and nice and flip the switch eager to see a nice bright WHITE glow...... AND NOTHING the F@%*ing bulbs are 35W and wont work!!!!!!!!!!! This is a heads up for all you 2010 owners who might attempt to swap out the fog. Make sure you GET 24W!!!And make sure the vendor sends the right F&%*ing BULBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Eautoworks.com FOR NOTHING!!!!!! I even spoke to one of the reps they said it would work. DON'T BE FOOLED!!!!! Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-21-2009, 06:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any larger pics you can share? lol (sarcasm..)
Old 12-21-2009, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is this snapperhead!

Old 12-24-2009, 09:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is there any part number for the bulbs, i have a 2010 jk 2 door and no one can find me a brighter fog light bulb, they look like the ones in the picture above and the f%^&*ng dealership even gave me the wrong part number i need some help

Quick Reply: 2010 Foglight Update!!!