Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2 mygig questions

Old 03-08-2010, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2 mygig questions

1) if my JK, which came with a cheapie factory single CD radio gets a mygig, will I need to take it to the dealer ($$$) so they can starscan it to make it work?

2) which mygigs will work with an 09 JK? I know it has to be highspeed bus, and I have a list of the factory part numbers, but are all others with the high speed bus compatible as well, or just the original ones?

I see that the '09 wrangler in north america came with:

5064739AC
5064759AB
5064757AB

Seems like it's just a radio, shouldn't be so complicated.

thx.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:49 AM
JK Super Freak

1) No StarScan is required. I swapped mine right in and everything worked just fine. You will need to add a Nav antenna if you go with the Nav version and a Sat Radio antenna if you don't already have Sat. Radio. If you do have it, then your current one will plug in just fine.

2. Any high speed MyGig will work. The main difference are that the 08 Nav Units increased the hard drive to 30GB and in 09 they added the ability to charge/control and iPod/iPhone if you add the cable. The 07-08 units lack this functionality.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

great news! thanks!

Quick Reply: 2 mygig questions