Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2 door subwoofer ideas

Old 02-07-2014, 05:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remind me not to buy a used jeep from you!
Old 02-07-2014, 06:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by demoderbydave
Remind me not to buy a used jeep from you!
I actually traded it with 40K miles on it for $18K and it sold within 2 months lol
Old 02-07-2014, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 10" alpine type R sub in a standard 10" box. it fits in the back perfectly and sounds incredible. The only problem is that it takes up all of my storage space.........But who needs storage?
Old 08-02-2015, 11:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, year and half later I finally got around to getting this done. Got a pro custom box matched with 2 x 12" slimline phoenix gold subs. Only had to sacrifice a small amount of prime space, top of the box can of course still be used though. I didn't think about it until afterwards but a ledging around the top of the box might have come in handy. It's all precisely molded up around the wheel wells and the vinyl covering matches up exactly to the leather seats, feels very much at home back there.

This addition has really brought the whole system together, it now sounds awesome from top to bottom, crisp and nice all round quality, and the whole setup now has more juice than I'll ever need whilst in my right mind. I'm not bass crazed or anything and could easily have gotten away with much less, but I considered that when the roofs off the extra pushing power will come in handy.

All in all a long overdue addition and awesome work by the guys at the shop. I'll go ahead with my plans to dynamat as much of the interior as possible and see if that might squeeze a little bit more out of it all, but I can finally consider the system done and move on to other areas. Supercharger?

Not the best picture but you get the idea

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0821.JPG
Views:	13932
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	620166
Old 08-02-2015, 11:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nevillebartos
Well, year and half later I finally got around to getting this done. Got a pro custom box matched with 2 x 12" slimline phoenix gold subs. Only had to sacrifice a small amount of prime space, top of the box can of course still be used though. I didn't think about it until afterwards but a ledging around the top of the box might have come in handy. It's all precisely molded up around the wheel wells and the vinyl covering matches up exactly to the leather seats, feels very much at home back there.

This addition has really brought the whole system together, it now sounds awesome from top to bottom, crisp and nice all round quality, and the whole setup now has more juice than I'll ever need whilst in my right mind. I'm not bass crazed or anything and could easily have gotten away with much less, but I considered that when the roofs off the extra pushing power will come in handy.

All in all a long overdue addition and awesome work by the guys at the shop. I'll go ahead with my plans to dynamat as much of the interior as possible and see if that might squeeze a little bit more out of it all, but I can finally consider the system done and move on to other areas. Supercharger?

Not the best picture but you get the idea

can the box be removed, if or when you ever needed the seat.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davids2011jk
can the box be removed, if or when you ever needed the seat.
It is removable, bolted down though so by no means a quick release setup and no good for switching back / forth, something quick could definitely be rigged up though maybe using the seat mounts and the roll bar. I deleted the back seat a couple years back, all the boys so busy with work these days I just don't need it anymore, it's safely stored about an hour out of town in case I sell, should really pull that other belt out as well.

Quick Reply: 2 door subwoofer ideas