Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

-15deg and MyGig frozen

Old 01-21-2010, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default -15deg and MyGig frozen

Well no doubt it gets cold up here. At about -15 F the hard drive quits working. and on a normal drive to work it will not warm up enough to start.

The wife gets the garage so that is not an option. putting a small heater in there over night would cost a small fortune as we pay over $0.20 a KWhour here, any other ideas?

I got over a month left of this weather!
Old 01-21-2010, 09:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow thats cold. i was complaining that it was 28* here today

engine block heater, are you an automatic? get an automatic start (if it will actually start)
Old 01-21-2010, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

You could put the small heater in, but on a timer. Tell it to come on an hour or two before your drive to work, course everything would be froze for your drive home.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try throwing a blanket on the dash maybe the little bit of insulation will help
Old 01-23-2010, 10:08 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Heng'n out
Well no doubt it gets cold up here. At about -15 F the hard drive quits working. and on a normal drive to work it will not warm up enough to start.

The wife gets the garage so that is not an option. putting a small heater in there over night would cost a small fortune as we pay over $0.20 a KWhour here, any other ideas?

I got over a month left of this weather!
So.......gonna try and get some input here now eh...???......lol. Like I said before, I know elec. is costly, but you wouldn't have to run it all night. On a timer, just 1 or 2 hours in the morning before you leave may be all you need....???

Quick Reply: -15deg and MyGig frozen