Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Wiring cb to cigarette lighter

Old 05-10-2009, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring cb to cigarette lighter

As the title says I am wanting to wire my cobra 75 to the driver side cig lighter because the power is cut to it After turning off the ignition. How do I remove the dash panels? I can't figure this one out. Is there an easier way?
Old 05-10-2009, 11:16 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by ctaggart
As the title says I am wanting to wire my cobra 75 to the driver side cig lighter because the power is cut to it After turning off the ignition. How do I remove the dash panels? I can't figure this one out. Is there an easier way?
If you read the instruction it says to wire directly to the Battery, That is the best way to do it for quality of reception and transmission.
It will reduce the noise on your speaker ans improve your SWR reading

Last edited by wildandwillin; 05-10-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I pulled only the very bottom panel off--just gentle prying. Was then just barely able to access the cigarette hot wire (blue/pink IIRC) by pulling it down below the panel it's mounted in into the now open space where I'd removed the panel. There's another similar wire, but not quite blue/pink (maybe pink/light green or something): Don't use it! I used a T-splice to tap into the blue/pink wire.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

This is actually for mygig but it shows you how to access the panel.

http://www.coastaletech.com/WRANGLER_INSTALL.htm
Old 05-30-2009, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Don't know about the dash panel but connecting to the cig lighter is not a good idea. Alternator whine is a problem you may incounter.

Quick Reply: Wiring cb to cigarette lighter