Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Does anybody POTA

Old 02-06-2023, 12:23 PM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Does anybody POTA

I guess I’ve been bitten by the bug, been playing with pota in my free time, which there isn’t much of that, free time is like extra money, there just isn’t much.
anyway, by the time I get off work there isn’t much still going except for some of the digital stuff, and I don’t mess with that, but have been on the ssb , not going for numbers, but I would like to get all the states, once you get down to the last 10, they just don’t get on the air the same time that I’m home, I look on my phone at lunch and see the states I don’t have, but they’ve quit by the time I get home, will try again this weekend to get another state or two.
anyway, anybody that isn’t into Ham radio, pota is Parks on the air, people go to designated parks and set up their radios, then try to make contacts, fits into jeep stuff pretty easily
Old 09-18-2023, 12:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do POTA every chance I get.
The following users liked this post:
Dat (09-18-2023)
Old 09-20-2023, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

I activated three parks yesterday. This is Ohoopee Dunes WMA North in Emanuel County, GA.

Old 10-30-2023, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a couple of POTA activations, but after getting skunked three times in a row, I kind of lost interest. I've considered getting back into it though as I have more free time again.
Strycnine (10-31-2023)
Old 10-30-2023, 02:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mobile from your JK at lunch break.

Yep - I Jeep and I POTA and I do digital. Ever think about going mobile so you can hunt POTA during your work breaks? Or activate in your mobile JK??
Enjoy

Steve - AF7NW
Strycnine (10-31-2023)
Old 10-31-2023, 04:38 AM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by CMASteve
Yep - I Jeep and I POTA and I do digital. Ever think about going mobile so you can hunt POTA during your work breaks? Or activate in your mobile JK??
Enjoy

Steve - AF7NW
I have thought about that, right now only have vhf/ uhf in the jeep, have thought about hf set up, but have not decided, holdback is an efficient antenna that is easily set up, probably ham sticks would be ok, a lot of options but not good results on most from what I hear

ki5tut
The following 2 users liked this post by Dat:
CMASteve (10-31-2023), Strycnine (10-31-2023)
Old 10-31-2023, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dat
I have thought about that, right now only have vhf/ uhf in the jeep, have thought about hf set up, but have not decided, holdback is an efficient antenna that is easily set up, probably ham sticks would be ok, a lot of options but not good results on most from what I hear

ki5tut
I'm having pretty good luck using a hamstick dipole setup. I'll try to find a picture

Last edited by Strycnine; 10-31-2023 at 08:51 AM.
Dat (10-31-2023)

Quick Reply: Does anybody POTA