Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

anyone running a screwdriver antenna?

Old 08-24-2024, 10:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HF, VHF & UHF MOBILE SETUP.

ALDG Tuner!!!I've been running High Sierra 1500 & 1800 for the last 30 years. Nothing compares or even comes close for HF except the K4POZ Screwdriver! It is also Jamb Up. Larsen antennas are the most Durable and the best Gain on the market today. Nutronics Hustler if you can find them are simply the BEST for VHF & UHF. However, they have been out of production since the 1980s! Larsen came into existence in the 1970s and are the best working and most Durable mobile VHF AND UHF Antennas that are in production today. Don't get me wrong, there are some other very functional vhf and uhf mobile antennas in the market, but they are NOWHERE NEAR AS DURABLE! WITH ONE EXCEPTION AND THAT IS Gam. They are super Durable and functional! I will add a picture of a Larsen 2 Meter Hi-band VHF, 440 3/4 meters UHF dual band on a Mag-Mount that I have ran since 1969 on countless vehicles, including Jeeps, Boats, Motorcycles & Campers. I was ran over by a loaded Rock Hauling Dump Truck, and even though it looks like hell, but it still works just fine! I picked it up out of the road, put the coax back on it, and put it in the bed of my pickup truck sitting in a spare tire, and it still works great! I'm going to put it on another Magnet Mount and put it right back to work on the roof of my Pickup Truck!
The following users liked this post:
Mark75H (08-25-2024)

Quick Reply: anyone running a screwdriver antenna?