Notices
Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler Overall Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes all Jeep Wranglers made between 1987-2006 and includes models such as the Unlimited, Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and X.

soft top screws?

Old 05-26-2007, 03:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soft top screws?

Hey all -
I have a soft top question for you. I just went to put my soft top back on my Jeep (on my TJ, sorry this is off topic for a JK), and I am missing one of the screws that connects the bar thing to the post thing......

Are those readily available at a parts supply store? If so, what am I looking for when I walk in there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Kelly
Old 05-26-2007, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you can't make it to the dealer in time, go to a marine supply store like West Marine or Boaters World. Lots of similar screws in marine applications. Bring one with you to match thread & length.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:38 AM
JK Newbie

You said the magic word....dealer. Why I didn't think of just going there, I'm not sure, but that is where I'll start.

Thank you!
Old 05-27-2007, 06:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might also want to check ebay if you cant get them from the dealer. There is a guy selling the set of black plastic knobs that you can just tighten with your hand for around $8. I have a set and like them.

Quick Reply: soft top screws?