Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

You girls got any mounting ideas that havn't been addressed around here?

Old 01-07-2012, 04:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Imrahil
...I believe they are Kolpin's...
Thanks. I've been looking at the ATV gun grabbers. I'd like to mount them on/in the tuffy security deck or maybe on the rollbar. Haven't gotten around to it yet.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just put this in today. And its lockable.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2111241508.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	260794   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1066884061.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	260795   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-297121107.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	260796   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2943155374.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	260797  
Old 01-07-2012, 07:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Canyonrunner
Arizona P.D. Weapons Check

The Arizona Department of Safety Officer pulled over pick-up truck owner Mike Murray for a weapons check because of an NRA bumper sticker.

When the officer approached the vehicle, the man behind the wheel handed the officer his driver's license, insurance card and concealed carry permit (CCP).

The officer took all the documents, looked them over and said, "Mr. Murray, I
see you have a CCP. Do you have any weapons with you?"

Mike Murray, the driver replied, "Yes I do. I have a .357 Smith & Wesson handgun in a hip holster, a .45 Colt in the glove box, and a .22 derringer in my boot."

The officer looked at Mike and asked, "Anything else?" "Yes. I have a Mossberg 500 12 gauge and an AR-15 in the trunk."

The officer asked if the man was driving to or from a shooting range and the man said he wasn't, so the officer bent over and looked directly into the driver's face and said "Mr. Murray, you're carrying quite a few guns. May I ask what you are afraid of?"

Mike locked eyes with the officer and calmly answered, "Not a fucking thing"
Hilarious!

Oh and I thought the OP is funny. Men bustin mens balls. I see my group of nephews and say, "Hi girls!". They all yell,"we're boys!". Lol too funny.

I am a Californian who hates cal gun laws! I wish it were easier to obtain a ccp out here. I do own a few long guns and pistols. I carry a pistol in a case with a trigger lock unloaded but ammo accessible; i know the rules. If i need quick access and may be in a bad situation my pistol is loaded and under my seat or on my belt; sometimes rules are meant to be broken.

As for my long guns Ive yet to have a situation where I need to run around with a loaded 7.62x39 AK47 or a .308 AK47 or even the very very evil Saiga 12.

Those are for :hitsfan: situations and the Saiga is my main and favorite for home defense!

for wanting to mount- the front seat mount makes the jeep look like a pigs jeep. Reminds me too much of how porkchop patrol cars roll... No offense officers, i do like swine! :grins:

Imo discretion is best when it comes to guns. I never pull a gun unless I am damn ready to shoot it! I will not be pointing something just to scare somebody.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I dont get the point? Completely useless and just asking to be stolen. Might as well put a huge sign on the window and say please steal my gun.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 03fatboy
We have lots of coyotes and pigs, both 4 and 2 footed vermin, that we are OK to eradicate by any means.

How to secure to keep honest folks honest, was part of the post.

Many of us have been carrying rifles in out trucks longer than most of those "that don't understand" have been alive.

We don't expect *anyone* on either coast to understand no matter age
The reason is BS. By the time you got that unlocked and ready any animal you spotted would be long gone. Why not just carry a pistol like everyone else? Is your aim that bad?

It would be more accessible and less likely to be stolen if it was just kept in a locked gun case like most normal people do. Growing up (Arizona) I had a run rack in my truck mounted on the rear window. It's only purpose was exactly what the OP is doing... to get attention.

As for how to secure it question... put it in a locked case like normal people.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you really want attention that badly, just mount it like this Jeep.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
If you really want attention that badly, just mount it like this Jeep.

Only about 3 people in 24 hours most of the time will even see a rifle in my rig, and 2 of them are in it, but thanks for playing gamer boy!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I did a quick search and found 03fatboy's facebook profile. Here is a great picture of him, to show you all what you are working with.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

You're a lying SOS, that pic is on ur bedroom wall, your sister told me so just last night.

Gay to even post such BS.

ETA: Sorry I stooped to such a low level even responding to this infantile egomaniac, but his sense of humor is past being gay and all fucked up.

You edited your post to apologize for responding... but still left the response? But your collection is impressive either way.

PS
Just to be absoultly clear, by requesting mounting ideas... you were refering to being mounted by your boyfriend correct? If that is the case, I would suggest you try the "dirty pirate". Thankfully we here do not judge you based on your sexual preference.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

We can all see you are a gay master bater and I'm not falling for your continued bate, but I'm sure "yourbuddies" will appreciate the gay link you so quickly came up with.

Now, shouldn't you be in school?
So your replied just to tell me that you refuse to reply?? I assume that is a level of logic that only works in Hickville, Texas. But your skewed sense of reasoning does give merit to your idea of a bipod rifle mounted to your dash. So to that I say JEEP ON !! I will also work on ideas for mounting a propane tank and flame thrower on your tailgate, preemting your next thread.