Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

You girls got any mounting ideas that havn't been addressed around here?

Old 05-14-2011, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's your jeep dude, but that looks like something gecko45 would have. I prefer to keep my guns out of sight for a few reasons:
  1. People that are not gun friendly will be scared of it or think you are committing a crime, call police, and you get unnecessarily hassled. Fairly remote chance in Texas, but it can happen.
  2. You get your shit stolen by Joe Thug.
  3. Most important one in my mind: You incense folks that are not gun friendly by basically drawing unnecessary attention to your rifle, further hurting the cause for pro-2nd amendment folks. We need to do all we can to keep a positive image. Rolling around town with an "evil black rifle" in plain sight hardly helps relations. You and I both know it's no different than a hunting rifle or anything else, but shocking people is not the way to win hearts and minds. If you want to enjoy your 2nd amendment rights, please help the rest of us to keep them

Now all of that being said, if you are only going to use this when out in the woods or field, and not when rolling through town with the doors off, then I don't see any problem with it. I just think guns should be out of sight unless needed. Makes things better for everyone.

Just my $.02. To each their own.

Jason
Old 05-14-2011, 02:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NH-JK
Youri!!!! Don't start the grammar patrol again!!!!
x2. Why do you feel so superior to everyone? Look, were all impressed you graduated 9th grade English but you don't have to rub it in our faces. Where's the smiley face with a middle finger?
Old 05-14-2011, 02:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally had a chance to read this thread. Not sure what the point of it is thou. Other than some dude carrying an AR around out in the open. Is this some kind of little man issue? I mean really, what exactly would be the point. If you needed to actually use that thing, you would be dead by the time you got it up and pointed in the right direction. A pistol I would understand, a firearm of this size, well I'm still kinda foggy on the idea of having it in the cab out in the open. Legal or not, it just doesn't make any sense. Now where are you from
Old 05-14-2011, 02:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Serg5000
Finally had a chance to read this thread. Not sure what the point of it is thou. Other than some dude carrying an AR around out in the open. Is this some kind of little man issue? I mean really, what exactly would be the point. If you needed to actually use that thing, you would be dead by the time you got it up and pointed in the right direction. A pistol I would understand, a firearm of this size, well I'm still kinda foggy on the idea of having it in the cab out in the open. Legal or not, it just doesn't make any sense. Now where are you from
It's obviously there to show everyone around him how 'big' of a man he isn't.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mike-d
Well first off nice A2 hand guards, and you have no rear sights so have fun with that.
Reading and comprehension is essential my friend. Pay particular attention to the whole close quarters thing I mentioned.

You're welcome.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok, after giving it some thought, I think you should just drop the windshield and mount it on the hood. Now that would be cool as hell. Oh yeah almost forgot, wear goggle. Your welcome.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Abacabb
It's obviously there to show everyone around him how 'big' of a man he isn't.
Why is it, people from CA and NJ can't read, comprehend and don't get it (New Yorkers seem to be doing fine in this thread).

I gave you all an out yet you insist on stepping in it.

Just try to actually answer the question in the OP or post "I'm sorry, I have no clue, we aren't allowed to have those icky black rifles like that or we go to jail for 20 to life when we do so we have to hide from the big bad policeman".

Really, I'm OK with that, acting like a girl, only being able to own a .22 in your communist country etc etc etc.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 03fatboy
Why is it, people from CA and NJ can't read, comprehend and don't get it (New Yorkers seem to be doing fine in this thread).

I gave you all an out yet you insist on stepping in it.

Just try to actually answer the question in the OP or post "I'm sorry, I have no clue, we aren't allowed to have those icky black rifles like that or we go to jail for 20 to life when we do so we have to hide from the big bad policeman".

Really, I'm OK with that, acting like a girl, only being able to own a .22 in your communist country etc etc etc.
I guess when they say every thing in Texas is big that included you head.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Serg5000
I guess when they say every thing in Texas is big that included you head.
You forgot gun, brains and dick, but I understand considering where your from
Old 05-14-2011, 03:11 PM
JK Freak

awesome.