Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

You girls got any mounting ideas that havn't been addressed around here?

Old 05-14-2011, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sprocket
Stashed... Buy a pistol, get a ccw, have a fighting chance to defend yourself.. I'm assuming the whole reason you want to have a gun is for self protection.. Assuming that is the case you will not have the time to get a gun from any where but on your person if the time comes....
1) The question of stashed or mounted was for ARinmyjk, I know you don't have one stashed.
2) This is Texas, there are 2 handguns in every car, CHL not required, plus I don't need no stick'in CHL.
3) A pistol is so you have something while getting to your rifle.
4) Guns are not used strictly for self protection.

I could keep going but thanks for playing
Old 05-14-2011, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03fatboy
1) The question of stashed or mounted was for ARinmyjk, I know you don't have one stashed.
2) This is Texas, there are 2 handguns in every car, CHL not required, plus I don't need no stick'in CHL.

I have a p228, glock 23, or .357 snubby with me all of the time.. I have several rifles including a .223 like yours. My point is that you will regret leaving that gun out after someone takes it from you. As far as self protection its pretty obvious you know nothing about it..... Good luck getting to your rifle thats locked in the middle of your front seats...

Thanks for playing??
Old 05-14-2011, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sprocket, you're a comedian

Don't quit your day job.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Who pissed in your Wheaties?

Hey Rickyj,
Why the police hate? Look up anything on the internet and you will find bad examples of some profession (other than whatever it is you do im sure). As for cops shooting unarmed people and getting away with it...you're wrong there too. Cops are being held plenty accountable for their actions (justified ones as well) every hour of every day. Try doing your job under public scruitiny and ever vigilant cellphone video cameras everywhere. And yes I have been a cop for 19 years and am very proud of my actions and sacrifices me and my fellow officers make for ungreatful members of the public. Let's agree to disagree on this one...just because you're a gun lover doesn't make you an expert on being a police officer....good luck with your so called rookie cop and that bullseye
Originally Posted by rickyj
Eh.

Looks like a great way to catch a bullet.

Doesn't matter if it is legal or not. You stand to catch a bad cop on a bad day, get a bullet in your brain and he will walk with little more than a paid vacation. Sure, it probably won't happen - but it could. Probably won't get in an accident either, but I still wear my seatbelt.

If you don't believe that, check the internet you are on a little bit. Look for "unarmed man shot by police". They get off, no crime no punishment. You think a society that is pretty much okay with police officers shooting a guy with a 3" closed pocket knife in broad daylight with a 3 second warning is going to care if you get shot carrying an AR15 with a mag locked? Wouldn't even make the news.

All it is going to take is you getting pulled over for 6mph speeding, rookie cop overreacts and blows your brains out over the passenger compartment, says you reached for the gun. You will be dead, he might get a medal.

FWIW - I am pretty far pro gun. I own about 30 right now, have owned over a hundred over time. Yeah a gun nut. And "scarier" hardware than a garden variety AR-15. So it isn't about the gun itself.

You are literally painting a target on your head for a trigger happy cop. Good luck.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sprocket, you're a comedian

Don't quit your day job.

And you are an asshole..

"thanks for playing" game over...
Old 05-14-2011, 08:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Aaron Lewis "Country Boy"
you’ll never catch me out the house without my 9 or .45.
Couldn't say it better myself!
Old 05-14-2011, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Quit bringing up Texas as justification for you being an ass. No one rides around with an AR mounted to their dash like a dbag. Why don't you tell the truth that your an Oklahoma hillbilly anyways.

Last edited by 181; 05-14-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HHaase
Carbine length.
Bipod.
No sights.
Interesting combination.... what's the intended mission for it?

I assume your glass or buis is stored somewhere else. So you need to unlock and unmount the carbine, unlock wherever your sights are stored. Mount the sight...which now prevents you from using the rack because it doesn't fit anymore.
Oh, and re-size the stock too, since it only fits fully collapsed. I assume you also have some spare ammo somewhere too. Very slow deploy with that rig.

ETA: it is a bit nose heavy ;~(>
I'd replace the steel mag with a P-mag.
Ditch the bipod, never needed one for anywhere in 5.56mm's effective range, AR's are bulky enough as it is.
Running optics? Go with a low profile front block.
If the front handguard isn't free-float, get one that is. Particularly if you sling stabilize.
Find some way to fit it in there with mounted sights, even if they're low profile irons.

Oh, and BLUR OUT YOUR LICENSE PLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good eyes HHaase, was wondering if anyone was gonna catch that, only took 3 pages.

Short to medium range (300M). CQB I only use the front site, longer range allows a little time for some good glass and needed bipod.

That was only 1/2 the plate, not that I'm too worried.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

<snip>
Originally Posted by 181

Quit bringing up Texas as justification for you being an ass. No one rides around with an AR mounted to their dash like a dbag. Why don't you tell the truth that your an Oklahoma hillbilly anyways.
</snip>

Dallas mall crawler huh, figures.

Better than Austin I suppose.

ETA: Please leave your emergency kit parts (and toes) out of your posts in the future - thanks!

Last edited by 03fatboy; 05-14-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Youri
I like your rifle, dude. Sorry that all the girls in here got upset.

I can't believe one girl said "I live in california!" like it was a good thing and something to be proud about!
Oh you mean me? Ya, Im proud to be a Californian. Tell me one thing that I should be ashamed of.