Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

This year my deer and Jeep are both bigger!

Old 12-06-2010, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yellow08jk
It's a Nikon Prostaff 2-7x32. It works great with the levereveloution ammo. I can put about 8 of 10 shots on a paper plate at 300 yards with my 336. (to those of you shooting .308, 30-06, 7mm mag, .300 win-mag, etc. I know that is not impressive, but it is good for a 30-30).

I love my 336 and wouldn't want anything else for deer.
Doh...I didn't see this before I posted my question about the ammo. My bad..
Old 12-06-2010, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default It really IS a honey hole

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Looks like you found yourself a little honey hole! Both just dandy bucks your 2010 is a real nice buck congrats!!!

I've seen several bucks this year but these two are my favorites. I got several pics of them on my game camera. I was hoping to get the first one. I've been seeing him for the past 3 years!!! I have 2 of his sheads and the antlers are like baseball bats I have never got a look at him during the season though.

This one has odd antlers. I saw him in person one time and he has a really cool looking rack.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by littlecricket
I've shot a 30-30 and can say that I agree that 8/10 at 300 is something I'd be happy with...

You guys still on buck rifle season? .... Ours across the boarder is too short and too early.. it was 68 degrees during ours
Yes, our rifle season goes until Sunday. Only 15 days though!
Old 12-06-2010, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdubb75
We don't really have a rifle season for deer. The only rifle cartridges we can use are handgun calibers with a straight case...nothing necked down. We can't use a 30-30 for deer, but coyotes on the other hand...

We have a couple weeks left of muzzle loader deer season, then it's back to bow until early January.
No rifle season? That's terrible. Although I am a pretty good shot with my 44 mag winchester. The levereveloution ammo for it makes a big difference.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Doh...I didn't see this before I posted my question about the ammo. My bad..
No problem
The levereveloution ammo makes a huge difference in my 336. I am shooting as good at 300 yards as I did at 200 yards with more expensive remington ammo. I highly reccomend it to anyone with a 30-30.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:02 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen several bucks this year but these two are my favorites. I got several pics of them on my game camera. I was hoping to get the first one. I've been seeing him for the past 3 years!!! I have 2 of his sheads and the antlers are like baseball bats I have never got a look at him during the season though.

This one has odd antlers. I saw him in person one time and he has a really cool looking rack.

wow...good gene pool in your hunting area! Some serious mass on that first buck!
Old 12-07-2010, 08:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Your pics again make the point that if you want the big bucks you have be out there all day. When they are in the rut, you never know when they will show up!!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 08:59 AM
JK Junkie

very nice only problem is you are going to have to lift your jeep even more if you want the trend to continue next year
Old 12-07-2010, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by abailey
Your pics again make the point that if you want the big bucks you have be out there all day. When they are in the rut, you never know when they will show up!!!!
Very true. I saw the big guy with the thick antlers 3 different times while scouting. Once at 10:00 AM, once at 2:30, and once right after sunset around 5:00. The 3 trail camera pics I have of him are all 11:00-1:00. Then I sat in the tree sun-up to sun-down for three days when the season opend and didn't see him! When I saw my 10 point, I couldn't help myself

Originally Posted by fish
very nice only problem is you are going to have to lift your jeep even more if you want the trend to continue next year
Hmmm, I guess I'm going to need a 4" and 37s so I can get the big boy next year
Old 01-16-2011, 03:06 PM
JK Freak

I can't tell for sure in the first pic, but is that Leverevolution ammo on the stock? If so, how do you like it?

Nice buck and Jeep, by the way.
good stuff ... jeeps and deer

Quick Reply: This year my deer and Jeep are both bigger!