Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

wish life worked this way all the time

Old 05-19-2012, 09:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default wish life worked this way all the time

Since I bought my body guard .380 and have fallen in love with it, ive realized that all my pistols are small. I have a Colt Defender which is small and a glock 26 which is small. I love shooting 9mm so I decided to sell that one or put it up for consignment.

I walk into my local gunshop and fill out the consignment paperwork and realize I left the two magazines forthe glock at home. The guy says he cant show the gun until i get him the mags. We turn our attention to some scopes for my 223 when two guys walk in and ask the other guy at the counter if he had any used GLock 26's. I nearly crapped myself. My 26 has a laser mounted on the rear sights where as the others in the counter did not. I told the guy to show them mine as I ran home to grab the mags.

20 minutes later I return with them clapping. Aparently they bought my 26 and were waiting for me to return with the mags. Seriously, my 26 sold in 5 minutes.

Here I thought I was going to have to wait months to sell it and use the money to buy a Beretta FS92. Now im taking monday off so I can register the sale of the 26 ad the purchase of the FS92.

Looks like im going to have a fun Monday.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I guess congrates to you on your sale but to me that seems like its a step backwards. the Beretta M9/92 series of pistols is not a great choise to me. I've put letterally 10s of thousands of rounds through a M9 and it sucks. Its the only pistol that I've had break just by shooting it, broken locking block. I heard the military wishes they could get rid of them because the locking block can and do break but they are so heavily invested in them that it is not feasable to do so. Not to mention that the Beretta trigger is one of the worst on the market, I think I would rate the KelTec trigger better than the Beretta. But every one has their like and dislikes.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

If it makes you feel better, I love my Beretta.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've put thousands of rounds thru a friend's M9A1 and have been extremely impressed with its performance. I know the individual above said that he had issues and I can honestly say that is the first negative review I've read about the gun. I'm sure it's not perfect, but if you're looking for a metal framed 9mm, you really can't go wrong. The only other gun I'd recommend is a Sig and those are much more $$$$. Just my $.02...

Last edited by rentinequip; 05-20-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:12 PM
JK Freak

THe Sigs are great. All my friends have them (226, 2022, 250). Im looking to be different. Ive always liked the way the FS looked and have always read pretty good reviews.

Question: Should I wait to get the A1 version as they are currently on back order? Is it worth the wait?
Old 05-20-2012, 09:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Really depends if you 1. Want the tactical rail and 2. Want to spend the extra $$$. It's not much extra if I remember correctly... I personally love the look of both.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rentinequip
Really depends if you 1. Want the tactical rail and 2. Want to spend the extra $$$. It's not much extra if I remember correctly... I personally love the look of both.
True, its realy the look thats got me questioning this. I dont have plans on adding anything so I guess Ill stick with the standard, FS
Old 05-23-2012, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

also if you plan on carring the pistol, finding a holster to fit the tac rail may be hard. Right now in the arms room at work we have 4 M9 that are dead lined because the looking blocks are broken not to mention that I know of over a dozen others that have had their locking blocks replaced which is more than 10% of the M9's in our inventory. Not very good track record in my opinion. I've had 7 differant Glocks and have used them in compition shooting and have not had any miss happs with any of them and I've put over 1500 rounds through one in a single day, got to love when some one else is buying the ammo.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:56 PM
JK Freak

Arms Room? WHat is it that you do? Sounds interesting what ever it is.
SO I bought the standard FS. I didnt get the A1 for the exact reasons you mentioned. Did I tell you I was lefty? That complicates finding holsters even more although I have been finding nice ones online. While this sidearm has my requirements for a good home defense gun, its not going to be my go to so adding a light to the rail wouldnt be happening (another reason i didnt get the A1). I dont plan on carrying this concealed other than when im heading to the range. Its too big.

I put 200 rounds through it so far. I am extremely impressed with its accuracy at 20 yards. My Glock 26 never had the same performance for obvious reasons. I loved the reliability of the 26 but since I picked up the Bodyguard .380, im looking to get rid of my smaller guns and trade up to larger frames of the calibers I currently have.

Originally Posted by grumpy1
also if you plan on carring the pistol, finding a holster to fit the tac rail may be hard. Right now in the arms room at work we have 4 M9 that are dead lined because the looking blocks are broken not to mention that I know of over a dozen others that have had their locking blocks replaced which is more than 10% of the M9's in our inventory. Not very good track record in my opinion. I've had 7 differant Glocks and have used them in compition shooting and have not had any miss happs with any of them and I've put over 1500 rounds through one in a single day, got to love when some one else is buying the ammo.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Arms room= lots of guns (M16's, M4's, M203's, M60's, M249's, M24's, M9's and a few others).

I'm glad you like because that's whats important. Being a lefty rules out about 80 to 90% of the holsters out there and the Beretta M9/92 doesn't have a lot of options out there to begin with.

Quick Reply: wish life worked this way all the time