Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Why You Should Carry a Firearm Everyday

Old 04-08-2009, 07:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why You Should Carry a Firearm Everyday

I'm sure all of us have seen the news coverage about the man who killed 13 innocent people in Bhingamton NY. Yesterday they released the police radio traffic to the media and in the course of the response the responding incident commander stated "no one goes in that building alone." In fact as we know now it was some time later before the police entered the building and found the shooter dead of a self inflicted wound. I'm not down on the police method here, that's the way it is. They secure the perimeter of a scene and make sure surrounding citizens are safe first. That takes time. The same thing happened during the Columbine shooting. They cordoned off the school and got as many students away as they could before they went in, by which time of course it was all over. This is pretty much the standard response when some nutjob goes off the deep end and starts shooting inside a building.

The point I'm making here is this. If you find yourself in such a situation you can rest assured of one thing. The police aren't coming to protect you, at least not in a reasonable amount of time as to think you'll live long enough to see them. If you're trapped in a office buidling or a shopping mall or any other sort of public structure with a crazed gunman who is killing at random it seems to me that it's pretty much up to you to defend yourself. If you can manage to escepe and get clear of the danger that is absolutely what you should do. But what if you can't? You know that outside the police are going to be busy getting the perimeter locked down and moving those who could get to the exits away from the building. Then they'll stage while they form a plan. All of this takes time. Precious time that you don't have while a gunman is stalking about and killing people where you are. I don't know about the rest of you folks, but I'm not going out like that. I'll defend myself.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

i totally agree. if everyone carried alot of these pu$$ies wouldn't do random shootings like that cause they would be afraid of the consequence.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

i agree 100% everyone who has a clean record with the proper background check and maybe a monthly qualifying should be able to carry a gun on a daily basis. but here in NY it's almost impossible to do anything anyway let alone carry a hand gun. im in the process of applying for my range permit then i will go for my carry

but i do always carry a knife with me and a knife is more deadly within 20 feet than a hand gun anyways.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Offroadme
i agree 100% everyone who has a clean record with the proper background check and maybe a monthly qualifying should be able to carry a gun on a daily basis. but here in NY it's almost impossible to do anything anyway let alone carry a hand gun. im in the process of applying for my range permit then i will go for my carry

but i do always carry a knife with me and a knife is more deadly within 20 feet than a hand gun anyways.
Maybe within 2', but 20'?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Personally I carry both a pistol and a knife at all times, along with a couple extra magazines.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The people that were taken hostage couldn't' have carried because they were not citizens yet. They were taking a citizens exam.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a shame that with all the training Police, specially Swat teams receive that all they do is wait in these situations. Look what happen in Pittsburgh, they let their OWN Officers lay there and bleed for hours before going into rescue them. Then you have the situation in NC where there was a guy that went into a nursing home and started shooting people killed 8, it was a real small town, one officer on duty, he responded went in and shot the guy and STOPPED him from killing more. After Columbine happened there was all this talk of training and NOT waiting to go in but it hasn't changed.

Trending Topics

Old 04-08-2009, 08:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Thumbs up God Bless America

Originally Posted by Offroadme

Spoken like a true New Yorker.

Monthly Qualifying? I got better things to do with my time.
Range Permit? Holy shit, I am so glad I do not live in a liberal state.
Knife Fighting at 20 feet? Unless you can throw that bitch at 2400 feet per second (5.7 velocity ), you are gonna lose that GUN fight.

I agree with the Black08X, it is up to you to guarantee the safety of you and your loved ones. I fully support the police and realize they have a very difficult and dangerous job to do, but I also have to temper that with some basic reasoning. They simply cannot be everywhere, every time. I have a CCW and carry daily; I also carry a tactical pocket knife as a backup. I take the defense of myself and family very seriously and follow through with a great sense of duty. It is an honor and privilege to be a citizen of this great nation and I am proud to be able to carry out my 2nd amendment rights. I truly feel sorry for those of you who live in states where this freedom is trampled upon. I am deeply saddened for the brainwashed liberal sheep who blame the gun for the killing and not the killer. I hope President Osama's Administration does not continue to railroad law abiding gun owners, but I can hope in one hand and crap in the other... well, you know the rest.

Anyway, "An armed society is a polite society".
Old 04-08-2009, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
Spoken like a true New Yorker.

Monthly Qualifying? I got better things to do with my time.
Range Permit? Holy shit, I am so glad I do not live in a liberal state.
Knife Fighting at 20 feet? Unless you can throw that bitch at 2400 feet per second (5.7 velocity ), you are gonna lose that GUN fight.

I agree with the Black08X, it is up to you to guarantee the safety of you and your loved ones. I fully support the police and realize they have a very difficult and dangerous job to do, but I also have to temper that with some basic reasoning. They simply cannot be everywhere, every time. I have a CCW and carry daily; I also carry a tactical pocket knife as a backup. I take the defense of myself and family very seriously and follow through with a great sense of duty. It is an honor and privilege to be a citizen of this great nation and I am proud to be able to carry out my 2nd amendment rights. I truly feel sorry for those of you who live in states where this freedom is trampled upon. I am deeply saddened for the brainwashed liberal sheep who blame the gun for the killing and not the killer. I hope President Osama's Administration does not continue to railroad law abiding gun owners, but I can hope in one hand and crap in the other... well, you know the rest.

Anyway, "

its so hard to get your carry in NY and i can't go driving around with my AR or my AK in the back of the jeep and if your not trained in close quarter shooting your odds on hitting someone who knows what they are doing are not that good. most gun wheeling morons that run around and shoot people are not trained killers they are morons with screws lose

i am totally for everyone having a gun. no one should be without it. the moth quals was just off the top of my head i would say every 6 months would be fare.

and i agree 1050% An armed society is a polite society".

Last edited by Offroadme; 04-08-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Black08X
I'm sure all of us have seen the news coverage about the man who killed 13 innocent people in Bhingamton NY. Yesterday they released the police radio traffic to the media and in the course of the response the responding incident commander stated "no one goes in that building alone." In fact as we know now it was some time later before the police entered the building and found the shooter dead of a self inflicted wound. I'm not down on the police method here, that's the way it is. They secure the perimeter of a scene and make sure surrounding citizens are safe first. That takes time. The same thing happened during the Columbine shooting. They cordoned off the school and got as many students away as they could before they went in, by which time of course it was all over. This is pretty much the standard response when some nutjob goes off the deep end and starts shooting inside a building.

The point I'm making here is this. If you find yourself in such a situation you can rest assured of one thing. The police aren't coming to protect you, at least not in a reasonable amount of time as to think you'll live long enough to see them. If you're trapped in a office buidling or a shopping mall or any other sort of public structure with a crazed gunman who is killing at random it seems to me that it's pretty much up to you to defend yourself. If you can manage to escepe and get clear of the danger that is absolutely what you should do. But what if you can't? You know that outside the police are going to be busy getting the perimeter locked down and moving those who could get to the exits away from the building. Then they'll stage while they form a plan. All of this takes time. Precious time that you don't have while a gunman is stalking about and killing people where you are. I don't know about the rest of you folks, but I'm not going out like that. I'll defend myself.
Agree.
I carry everyday, everywhere.

Quick Reply: Why You Should Carry a Firearm Everyday