Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Why we hunt Coyotes

Old 01-01-2012, 11:54 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zmonster
I really wish you would explain these pics. Do they have yotes like ours in Kuwait, or are these shots of back home somewhere? That one in the lighter pic looks like a pretty big critter, or are they the same one from different angles? Either way
Old 01-02-2012, 07:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
A buddy, his son, and I went out yesterday on the 4 wheelers in -10 degree weather. It was hard to keep warm but we stayed out all day giving it the ol' college try. We had his auto caller w/ Mojo spinner thing, and I carried two mouth calls. Made 5 sets and didn't have anything come in but birds of prey. Saw lots of sign, with possibly one lone young wolf track as well. The talk is that with the snowshoe hare population nearing it's peak, the yotes don't have to be that aggressive as they really aren't hungry. I had visions of them cuddled under a bush staying warm with full bellies. There literally wasn't a place in the few thousand acres or so that we traveled yesterday that you wouldn't find all kinds of rabbit tracks. I'm sure all a yote has to do is lay there long enough and a bunny will walk buy. I can see why snares are working well around here. We talked about changing our tactics and finding out where the main wolf packs are roaming and going after them with some fawn in distress calls. Wolves prefer bigger game than these bunnies.
-10 degreewell at least you got out and gave it a try, I'm sure you know...... stay persistent and you'll get them goodluck and hopefully we'll see some pics in the future. I'm going to head out myself in the next couple weeks here , and see what I can call in

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
I really wish you would explain these pics. Do they have yotes like ours in Kuwait, or are these shots of back home somewhere? That one in the lighter pic looks like a pretty big critter, or are they the same one from different angles? Either way
I was wonderin the same thing but.... if you look at the license plate on the truck it might be in texas?
Old 01-02-2012, 07:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by zmonster
Nice
Originally Posted by XSapper
Yes they aren't afraid to get close to the house around here late at night. Had a neighbor that used to keep the population down, but since he quit they've been coming back around. If they catch a calf alone they'll take it down.
So that means you have to take over the duties ...... right

Quick Reply: Why we hunt Coyotes