Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Why do you carry a gun...???

Old 01-26-2012, 10:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jm102602
Not really sure why, but I am beginning to think that the raw spot on my right hip isn't worth it. I am a LEO and don't know when I'll need it but I definitely don't enjoy carrying it. Maybe it would be more comfortable in a shoulder holster
It's not supposed to be comfortable, it is supposed to be comforting

I carry because it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

because a tank doesn't fit on my belt.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jm102602
Not really sure why, but I am beginning to think that the raw spot on my right hip isn't worth it. I am a LEO and don't know when I'll need it but I definitely don't enjoy carrying it. Maybe it would be more comfortable in a shoulder holster

Sounds like you are carrying IWB. My Supertuck gave me the same problem. I heard about the N82 (Nate Squared) and got one. Much more comfortable.

n82tactical.com

And thanks for the job you do.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my knives are too big
Old 01-27-2012, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AK4Dave

I thank you for your service. I'm sure you "don't want to be the cause of anymore death". Nobody in their right mind does. But if it comes to a loved one or a slimeball going down, I'm sure you would want the best end result. I don't have a carry permit....just haven't felt the need to........yet. But I have to say, I am always real happy when I read about a person that does, and ends up stopping a bad thing from happening to good people.
I agree. I love the story of the young lady shooting the "would be" robber. I completely agree... But I will play the odds.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

Because its my right and my duty to my family and friends. I refuse to be a victim.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is why you should carry a gun.

These kids thought they were going to rob this old man, well they got shot instead.

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=361731
Old 01-27-2012, 06:19 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Wood82ABN
I agree. I love the story of the young lady shooting the "would be" robber. I completely agree... But I will play the odds.
I really love the story about the old man that had been having problems with kids breaking into his shop and steeling things.

He waited up for them one night and when he saw them he called 911 and told dispatch that they were breaking into his shop again. Dispatch told him that they were really busy and couldn't get there right away. The old man said fine and hung up.

He grabbed his gun and headed out to the shop.

In a few minutes the old man called the cops again and told them not to worry about getting there too fast as he had shot and killed two kids.

Of course every cop within 10 miles was there in a flash.

When the old man told them the kids were in the shop, they went in to find two teenagers tied up on the floor perfectly healthy.

When one of the officers asked the old man....I thought you said you shot and killed the kids?,

The old man replied.........I thought you said you couldn't get here right away?
Old 01-27-2012, 06:37 PM
JK Newbie

I really love the story about the old man that had been having problems with kids breaking into his shop and steeling things.

He waited up for them one night and when he saw them he called 911 and told dispatch that they were breaking into his shop again. Dispatch told him that they were really busy and couldn't get there right away. The old man said fine and hung up.

In a few minutes the old man called the cops again and told them not to worry about getting there too fast as he had shot and killed two kids.

When the old man told them the kids were in the shop, they went in to find two teenagers tied up on the floor perfectly healthy.

When one of the officers asked the old man....I thought you said you shot and killed the kids?,

The old man replied.........I thought you said you couldn't get here right away?
That's awesome.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hahahaa!! Nice!

Quick Reply: Why do you carry a gun...???