Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Why do you carry a gun...???

Old 11-09-2011, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not really sure why, but I am beginning to think that the raw spot on my right hip isn't worth it. I am a LEO and don't know when I'll need it but I definitely don't enjoy carrying it. Maybe it would be more comfortable in a shoulder holster
Old 11-10-2011, 12:20 AM
JK Freak

Believe it or not but I actually exchanged emails with John Connor. (very nice man) I was once married to a woman who had 2 wonderful children from her first marriage and the father of these children was a drug using abusive prick. After reading the article and discussing my story with John Connor I knew that I had it in me to protect my family and others.

Thanks John Connor

Thanks 2nd Ammendment

and Thanks to John Mosses Browning (I carry a 1911)
Old 11-10-2011, 02:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
the age old answer:

'cuz cops are to fricken heavy!
Amen brother. I was going to post that but you beat me to it!
Old 11-10-2011, 03:12 AM
jdk
JK Freak

I carry because; if I am put in a situation where a life or death decision has to be made, I want my vote to count the most!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:49 AM
JK Newbie

Default Conceal Carry

Guys I am new here love this site have spent many hours looking around. I am new proud owner of 2012 JK Sport. I am in OKla and have my conceal carry. In our state you must have your firearm concealed either on you or in your car but not visible which who would want it visible IMO. I am curious to see how any of you carry your firearm within your Jeep. My choice for carry is Glock 19 thx much
Old 11-10-2011, 06:10 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by keith6
guys i am new here love this site have spent many hours looking around. I am new proud owner of 2012 jk sport. I am in okla and have my conceal carry. In our state you must have your firearm concealed either on you or in your car but not visible which who would want it visible imo. I am curious to see how any of you carry your firearm within your jeep. My choice for carry is glock 19 thx much
if i'm in the jeep it's in the jeep, on my hip. I dont take it off unless i have no choice. so wherever I am, it is. It only stays in the jeep if i need to go somewhere i am not lawfully allowed to carry. Which rarely happens as i avoid such places like the plague. If it has to stay in the jeep, its locked up in a tuffy box.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

the real question is, "why doesn't everyone?"
Old 01-08-2012, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

I open carry daily, 24/7/365....here is something I have written on the subject.

I would appreciate if you weren't 'opposed' to open carry, but rather indifferent to the practice. Because a practice is not customary does not make it wrong. I believe, in the sense open carry has become less customary, it has been gun owners who have capitulated to the anti gun movement. We have been asked to hide our firearms. We have been asked to behave as criminals have behaved in the concealed carry of our firearms.

"It does scare some people"
Everyday I get up and drive in Seattle-Tacoma traffic and there are times it scares me and other drivers. However, it is not the vehicle that scares me or others it is the behavior of the driver of that vehicle. I think you will find that it is the behavior of an individual that chooses to open carry that scares others not the firearm. I have met some who concealed carry whose behavior scares me and others. I am sure that you have met people whose behavior scares you on a regular basis. In the state of Washington approximately 1 in 20 are carrying a concealed firearm. Wouldn't you rather see the firearm on a person whose behavior is poor and inappropriate then guess which of those 20 people is the one?

For the last couple of years I have carried openly and I will say that 95% of the people in public do not see my firearm. Why? Because I am polite, courteous, and professional. Furthermore, my behavior invokes trust, not fear in others. I go about my business as though I was concealed. I carry openly for that small percent that do ask and are genuinely curious about the practice and then I am willing to educate and be a positive face to gun owners.

I have chosen to come out of the closet and be transparent in my behavior and actions. I cannot be a jerk to the clerk at the grocery store. I cannot be inconsiderate to the next person getting on the bus or elevator. I have chosen to be open and honest by carrying my firearm openly. I have chosen to engage in a movement to normalize the practice. I have chosen to educate others and also to correct the behavior of others who open carry whose behavior is not polite, courteous, professional and kind. It is a burden that I actively engage.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I carry a gun because I can't throw a cop.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jm102602
Not really sure why, but I am beginning to think that the raw spot on my right hip isn't worth it. I am a LEO and don't know when I'll need it but I definitely don't enjoy carrying it. Maybe it would be more comfortable in a shoulder holster
I'm sorry but it's terrifying to know that there's an LEO out there who isn't sure why he carries a gun. You might want to check on Lt. Jim Glennon's website... it could save your life. Maybe check on some of Lt. Col. Dave Grossman as well. Haven't you heard his sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves analogy?

As LEO you should know damn well why there is a need to carry a gun... it's in the freakin' OATH you took.

Carrying a gun should not be comfortable... it should be comforting.

Quick Reply: Why do you carry a gun...???