Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.
View Poll Results: Just what are you going to have at the end if needed?
Ak-47-AK-74 Family
14.83%
M-16/AR-15 Family
38.98%
M-1 Garand
2.54%
M-1 Carbine
2.54%
SKS-Simonov Family of Rifles
0%
F/N FAL (Inch or Metric)
2.12%
Shotgun (Boomstick baby!)
19.92%
Lever Action Winchester 30-30 (or Marlin, etc)
5.08%
Survival Rifle (like Armalite's AR-7)
1.69%
other
12.29%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

When it all goes in the toliet, what are you going to take???

Old 03-17-2009, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When it all goes in the toliet, what are you going to take???

Ok,

Hypothetical question,

Whether it is Obama's Dark Minions necessitating the onslaught of the 2nd American Revolution, Zombies (of the Romero kind and not the neuvo-fast Zombie crap Hollywierd has been pushing latley), Chuck Norris being successful and getting Texas to secede (going down to help Chuck), a total melt down of the Global-Economic system (and subsequent food production issues), Comet hitting the Earth, Russians Invading (Wolverines!) or any other of the countless End of Times scenarios:

Just What are you going to carry and why????
(Rifles only, its a given you would have a pistol as back up)

Discuss:
Old 03-17-2009, 04:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my AR and whatnot. But when the sh!t hits the fan its gonna be poopoo on you if I can reach my AK. It will run all day in any condition. Maybe not the most accurate weapon I have, but it will fire until I can no longer squeeze the trigger.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Voted for shotgun, out of those choices, I would have to go with that. But, would have to seriously toss the dice between a 30-06 hunting rifle or a .22lr. Between those two, would probably opt for the .22lr for the meat vs round ratio.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not on list but M249 SAW...
Old 03-17-2009, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

My trusty RED RYDER BB GUN...with a compass in the stock and this thing which tells time...

No really, my 30-30 because...well its really the only high-powered rifle I own right now. I have plenty of ammo fer it and just to be honest I am the best shot with that particular rifle compared to any others I have shot.

Now my Ruger 10/22 with extra high capacity clips is definitely gettin thrown over the shoulder as my backup. The wife can carry the 12guage double barrel. AND when I make it to my old man's house...

LOOKOUT! I won't even say what all he's got

Last edited by ccdjeep; 03-17-2009 at 06:59 PM. Reason: sp.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
I love my AR and whatnot. But when the sh!t hits the fan its gonna be poopoo on you if I can reach my AK. It will run all day in any condition. Maybe not the most accurate weapon I have, but it will fire until I can no longer squeeze the trigger.
+1
My ak will keep going even if I can't
Old 03-18-2009, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had to vote for the shotgun cuz of reloading as long as I can keep my shells and have powder I could pretty much put anything in as a projectile. Although I would probably load all my guns up in my jeep and then start thinking of other stuff. Wife, Guns, Clothes, Camp gear all in that order.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ccdjeep
My trusty RED RYDER BB GUN...with a compass in the stock and this thing which tells time...

You'll shoot your eye out!
Old 03-18-2009, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got to say, It's blowing my mind that the FN-FAL is at a close second to the AK in the poll!

I would have bet my eye-teeth that it would be a horse-race between the Black Rifle and Uncle Klashinkov's little gem.

I had an L1A1 some time ago and did not like it at all. It's the only Rifle I have ever sold.

Also, no love for the M1 Carbine? I could understand no votes for the beloved Garand (due to the 8 round en-bloc clip) but no Carbine huh???????
Old 03-18-2009, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

The AK is a perfect example (IMO anyway) of too much good press. I've had a lot of trigger time with AK's and frankly it's a fairly crappy weapon to me. I'll take the AR-15 / M16 any day over the AK. Yes it's durable but frankly I've subjected my Colt rifle to some pretty nasty conditions and it has never jammed, double fed or given me any problem at all, and it's still vastly more accurate than any AK could ever hope to be. I've found that almost all of the problems people report with the AR-15 come back to using crappy magazines. To which I can only say "get Magpul magazines and you'll be fine." Not to mention that many of the AK's you find on the American market are just constructed of crappy materials. Butt stocks made of cheap plastic that I would be afraid to hit anyone with for fear it would shatter or cheep wood stocks and grips that you know are going to rott away if they get wet and you can't get them dried off soon enough. Just my opinion. I'm not dissing you guys that own an AK. I just don't think it's all that and in my experience it just doesn't live up to the hype by any measure. I think people just buy them because they want a military style weapon and the AK's tend to be a lot cheaper than the AR-15 weapons. You get what you pay for gentlemen.

Quick Reply: When it all goes in the toliet, what are you going to take???