Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Went to the Dark Side...The Black Rifle

Old 04-20-2009, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EVIL BLACK RIFLES!

Heres mine, its addicting, and expensive. But you own a Jeep, so you should already know about expensive hobbies.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bsack
I thought it was penis size. Gotta get my mind out of the gutter
Dang, Navy and penis....I guess they go together...Go Army!
Old 04-20-2009, 07:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by racinfast002
EVIL BLACK RIFLES!

Heres mine, its addicting, and expensive. But you own a Jeep, so you should already know about expensive hobbies.

Very nice...of note, your optics, beyond nice. I hated the M-16 when I was active, ours in MI were junk. I bought one because Boxer/Feinstein wanted me too and have been hooked ever since. I have an AK and may other euro flavors, but the AR is the best...ROCK ON America.....
Old 04-20-2009, 07:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sgmrock
Very nice...of note, your optics, beyond nice. I hated the M-16 when I was active, ours in MI were junk. I bought one because Boxer/Feinstein wanted me too and have been hooked ever since. I have an AK and may other euro flavors, but the AR is the best...ROCK ON America.....
thanks. I love that rifle. Its retardly fun to shoot, and as we all know, one should never go full retard. However, I've been having some issues with my auto sear no letting the hammer return to cock. No idea whats going on there. FYI its just the stock smith and wesson trigger group.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:32 PM
JK Super Freak

out of all the rounds i have fired though my "black rifle" i have only had one jam. jam's occur in my humble opinion from cheap ammo or most of the time a weapon that has not been properly cleaned or a cheap mag.

love the optics on that i went with eotech still waiting to order the FTS mount though with the 3x magnifier but i would rather spend the money on the jeep right now.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
That is a beautiful AK!!! What is it? A Polytech? Want to sell it?
Hi,

No, early pre ban Norinco not the Poly Legend. And, its not for sale

Great gun, chromoly barrel, never fails.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yetibear
Ok, that is just not right. If it was short cycling it should work when you run the charging handle. Do all the simple things as you clean it, strip the bolt and carrier, check that the everything is properly staked, check that none of the gas rings are broken or missing. Really clean the firing pin and its raceway. Look for tiny burrs. Eyeball everything on the bolt carrier group for obvious miss alignments. Really just go real slow, put the parts together and hand operate each subassembly, feel for binding, look for real slight variances, and do this on each step of the reassembly of the upper. Spend a little extra time playing with the charging handle, with and with out the BCG. Look hard for burrs and milling flotsam that may prevent the bolt from complete cycling. Then do the lower, as far as you feel comfortable. Really examine the trigger group, look for little slivers that could get wedged in there. With only 120 rounds thru it look for any signs of wear, even the stuff that looks normal, at this point deserves closer examination, it could be a potential binding spot.
I'm sure you have already done all that, probably several times, but it never hurts to be reminded to really search out those grain of sand type things.
Nothing more disappointing than a new gun that refuses to run, and doesn't show an obvious malfunction. The only real clue you have is, to my knowledge, short cycling could be ruled out because of the failure of your attempts to manually charge the gun.

I really wish I could offer some real help, but alas, I am just a lowly hobbyist, not even a qualified Armorer, let alone a real gunsmith.
Thanks for the input and ideas! I really think it is with the trigger group but, I can't duplicate it occuring.

On the trigger group where the hammer and lower actuator latches, they are two alloy plates. It would almost seem that it has a different expansion rate then the steel main sections.

I ordered in some upgrade parts for the trigger group, so we'll see if it happens again.

Last edited by rnjstel; 04-21-2009 at 02:13 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sgmrock
Dang, Navy and penis....I guess they go together...Go Army!
Yeah, 5 inches and Navy is about right! However, I don't know if the Army uses "inches" for that measurement. I think the Army standard is millmeters.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

so I fieldstrippd an m14 the other day and I can see what you mean about it being very easy, however I still think the m16 is just as easy.

although I have to say, the m14, when put back together, does feel alot more solid, where as the m16 doesn't have such a tight fit betwn alll it's compenents (main the upper and lower receivers).

alls good though, cause soon I move on the 50 cal gun mounts and the mk 19 automatic grenade shooter. 325-375 rounds per minute shooting grenades. crazy town, I love it

Last edited by RiSK; 04-23-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rnjstel
Thanks for the input and ideas! I really think it is with the trigger group but, I can't duplicate it occuring.

On the trigger group where the hammer and lower actuator latches, they are two alloy plates. It would almost seem that it has a different expansion rate then the steel main sections.

I ordered in some upgrade parts for the trigger group, so we'll see if it happens again.

Just as an FYI,

The phantom Jams were caused by a blown primer casing that had wedged itself under the trigger group!

I received the new trigger goodies today and while taking everything apart, found the little smushed up bugger under the lower trigger section!

Good thing I ordered DPMS's "trigger rug" that fills the space under the trigger to prevent that from happening.

Quick Reply: Went to the Dark Side...The Black Rifle