Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Walther PPS

Old 11-03-2010, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walther PPS

Has anyone had any experience with the PPS. I can only find a handful of older and usually one sided reviews. Most are Glock shooters that are too stuck up to realize that other companies manufacture polymer handguns that are quality. Any input is great!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:55 PM
JK Junkie

I saw this from Walther over a year ago and it took me nearly five months to find one to buy. Since I bought mine (9mm) and used I just love it! Its small yet still very managable not like the baby Glock where your fingers are in the air. I do own a glock and I just love how the PPS feels in my hand ohhhhh soooooo COMFORTABLE.

It comes in two calibers the 9mm had the 40.cal, both calibers are identical in dimensions. The PPS also hsave three different magazine sizes six, seven, and eight round and each magazine gives you a different grip length. The PPS also interchangable backstraps for different size hands, shot the PPS on the range at 25 yards and was still able to drill the holes center mass within a nickle size. Just be aware that Walther now makes a PPS that comes with night sights directly from the factory. There is so much more to this hand gun and if you want I can take pics for you

Last edited by Sapper12b; 11-03-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Junkie

I will tell you the same thing I tell everyone that asks me which is the best handgun to buy. The best handgun to buy is the one that feels comfortable in your hand, if it feels comfortable then you will enjoy shootng it and become comfortable using it. I say go to a gun or your local gun store find the PPS and finger F*#k it, get a feel for it and compare it to similar hand guns.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the PPS in 9 mm and the P99 Compact. Both are fantastic little guns. The PPS is easier to conceal, the P99C easier to shoot fast and accurate. The early PPS's in 40 especially had some teething pains, but that's a thing of the past as far as I know. The PPS IS a little more finicky with low powered loads. I still never shoot WWB, as I get failures to eject with that brand (and ONLY that brand)

I have probably 2000+ rounds through mine. Zero issues once I factor out the WWB ammo. One common issue when practicing double taps or rapid fire, if you have big hands or a high support hand grip, your thumb can apply pressure to the slide release, just a matter of adjusting and practice. As with all small guns, limp wristing is also a cause of many reported ftf/fte.

There is a Walther forum that is good to check out.....

Davesrb
Old 11-03-2010, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

I have held one at my local shop. They have a range with rentals, but no PPS. Thanks for the offer for pics, but the insight is very helpful. How big are your hands? Is the magazine release comfortable? Have you carried it concealed ?
Old 11-03-2010, 05:32 PM
JK Junkie

I would say that my hands are large they measure about 7 inches from palm to the fingertip. The main reason I bought the pps was for concealabilty, there have been time for I've even carried it in my front pocket and no one noticed it. Now the magazine release is not your traditional magazine release, walter has incorporated the magazine release into the trigger guard and is actually part of the trigger guard, that being said the magazine release is amdexterous. The magazine realease does not get caught on anything when you drawn it or put in it back into the holster.

I was worried about the magazine release catching up on some of my clothing or some how accidentally releasing the magazine at the wrong time and i spent hours practicing drawing the walther out of the holster to see if it would snag on any part of my clothing. I have not had any issues on hiding the walther or drawing it out of the holster from behind my back, hip, front pocket or the inside pocket of my suit. Walther has done an excellent job on designing this handgun

Quick Reply: Walther PPS