Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

top 10 handguns of all time

Old 08-20-2009, 06:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ARinmyJK
Yes, but they put it at number 007 on the list just to see if you were paying attention.
Oh yeah!!! I didn't even notice that!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 07JKX
they missed one... you should write a letter and tell them to place Sig 226 in the number one spot and bump off the glock
That was a FUNNY joke!!!

You've gotta be kidding.....RIGHT???
Old 08-20-2009, 06:35 AM
JK Freak

I agree with the list....other then the glock
Old 08-20-2009, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

i would think they would have had the h&k on the list.

but i agree completly on the m96 broomhandle. it shouldnt be on there,

the single action army should be higher, it did win the west lol.

if not the ppk mabey the p38, it was the the forrunner to the ppk, and it was a better all around pistol than the luger imo.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKWillie
That was a FUNNY joke!!!

You've gotta be kidding.....RIGHT???
nope no joke... come shoot with me anytime

i will even lend you one of my "evil" high capacity mags so you dont feel sad with your CA 10 rounder

j/k yo! but your CA mag laws do suck!

Last edited by 07JKX; 08-25-2009 at 06:41 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

nope no joke... come shoot with me anytime

i will even lend you one of my "evil" high capacity mags so you dont feel sad with your CA 10 rounder

j/k yo! but your CA mag laws do suck!
Well......You're right about one thing. YES, the CA 10 round mag law does suck & is useless HOWEVER, I have pleanty of high cap mags & that is not a problem for me.

There's still the question of which is the better gun? Obviously, a group of gun experts put together this top ten list & did not include the Sig on the list (probably because it performs / functions like many other double action autos on the market & has not shown a revolutionary breakthrough in firearms technology ).

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Sig & I feel it's a GOOD gun!

The Glock however, IS a revolutionary breakthrough in firearms technology & has proven itself time after time in both combat & competition!!! Don't forget, Glock is the first "plastic" framed handgun & has set the standard for ALL others to follow in it's "plastic" framed footsteps.

It seems though, you would rather a shooting competition with me to find out who the better shooter is, instead of getting to the bottom of which is the better gun???

So WHATEVER!!! Just throwing my out there.

We can argue about this forever & unfortunately, will never get anywhere because you won't ADMIT that the Glock IS the better gun!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lockednloaded
Only thing Glock has going for it is it's dishwasher safe. Really cuts down on cleaning time.... A Sig is a far superior weapon. In every sense. If I run outta ammo, I can hit someone with a Sig. If I did that with a Glock, It'd leave a bruise and hurt feelings. LOL. I've shot both extensively, and I prefer the Sig hands down. It feels better in my hand and is more accurate. I did have the chance to fire a brand new Glock 22 RTF last night, and I admit, it is an improvement over the last generation of combat Tupperware. I might even consider buying one of them, if it was less than $100...

What is it that you don't like about Glock? The polymer frame? You know Sig has started to make Poly guns right? You know how many cops carry glocks? You ever seen an hk? They have Poly frames. I am about to buy another pistol, and Sig is in my top 5.... but I don't think sig is any more accurate than Glock. Matter of fact, I have seen some competition shooters comment on how well glocks shoot out of the box. There is even a company making alloy frames for glock so guys can compete in competitions where poly is excluded.

I used to know a redneck who owned stuff like SKS's and 8mm's and makarov pistols. He made the same comments about "Tupperware gun" and "dishwasher safe". I am not calling you a redneck, I am just saying I have heard rednecks make the same exact comments. I am not saying Glocks are the best guns ever made or anything, but I trust my life to one without concern.

What pistol do you carry or use for home protection?
Old 08-26-2009, 05:25 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKWillie
Well......You're right about one thing. YES, the CA 10 round mag law does suck & is useless HOWEVER, I have pleanty of high cap mags & that is not a problem for me.

There's still the question of which is the better gun? Obviously, a group of gun experts put together this top ten list & did not include the Sig on the list (probably because it performs / functions like many other double action autos on the market & has not shown a revolutionary breakthrough in firearms technology ).

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Sig & I feel it's a GOOD gun!

The Glock however, IS a revolutionary breakthrough in firearms technology & has proven itself time after time in both combat & competition!!! Don't forget, Glock is the first "plastic" framed handgun & has set the standard for ALL others to follow in it's "plastic" framed footsteps.

It seems though, you would rather a shooting competition with me to find out who the better shooter is, instead of getting to the bottom of which is the better gun???

So WHATEVER!!! Just throwing my out there.

We can argue about this forever & unfortunately, will never get anywhere because you won't ADMIT that the Glock IS the better gun!!!
i was just joking around... everyone has their preference in everything under the sun... i am more comfortable and better at shooting a sig than a glock. I also do not like boat shoes, I like camping in the open versus tent camping, i say po-ta-to NOT po-tah-to (same with tomato), I like the colors green and black, and not fond of purple, etc. etc. etc...

cheers!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by lockednloaded
Only thing Glock has going for it is it's dishwasher safe. Really cuts down on cleaning time.... A Sig is a far superior weapon. In every sense. If I run outta ammo, I can hit someone with a Sig. If I did that with a Glock, It'd leave a bruise and hurt feelings. LOL. I've shot both extensively, and I prefer the Sig hands down. It feels better in my hand and is more accurate. I did have the chance to fire a brand new Glock 22 RTF last night, and I admit, it is an improvement over the last generation of combat Tupperware. I might even consider buying one of them, if it was less than $100...
WHATEVER DUDE!!!

Like I stated before.....I gave my on this subject & you did as well!!!

The funny thing is.....That neither of us are really correct, because at the end of the day.....It just flat out boils down to just flat out personal opinion.

Now.....you know what they say about opinions.....Don't ya???
Old 08-26-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

i was just joking around... everyone has their preference in everything under the sun... i am more comfortable and better at shooting a sig than a glock. I also do not like boat shoes, I like camping in the open versus tent camping, i say po-ta-to NOT po-tah-to (same with tomato), I like the colors green and black, and not fond of purple, etc. etc. etc...

cheers!

Quick Reply: top 10 handguns of all time