Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Which Of These Would You Buy?

Old 04-16-2010, 03:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Springfield Armory XD .40- sub compact. I just picked one up on a killer deal at a local gun shop and its now my carry weapon.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would get the one that fits your hand the best and is easy for you to operate. Have you fired any of these?

Just don't get something just to get something. Get the one you like the best. Being comfortable with it is the most important thing.

I don't have the money to by one of each so I have to be picky. So the old, Buying one just to sell it and buy one you wanted in the first place has never worked out in my favor.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

for that much of a price difference id go with sm. they shoot strait and are reliable, they just do have the sig name. walther can suck it lol.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by justinp.
Springfield Armory XD .40- sub compact. I just picked one up on a killer deal at a local gun shop and its now my carry weapon.
Can only get used in MA if you can find them.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would go with the Glock personally, I have a Glock 23 and I love it. I also have a lot of respect for Sigs but they can be pricey in comparison. If they were the same price I would probably go with the Sig tho...
Old 04-16-2010, 01:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got an H&K USP Compact .40 and LOVE it. I like the physical safety as opposed to the Glock's trigger safety, which has always struck me as rather pointless.

That said, they're both great guns. Fire them both and see which one handles better for you. You can't go wrong.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:53 PM
JK Jedi Master

Smith & Wesson is a good brand of firearm, but I would rely on their revolvers more than their semi autos. JMO. Walther and Smith & Wesson are partnered together and Smith & Wesson makes the Walther pistols here in the USA. I think Sig is a higher quality firearm and I depend on Sig to take care of me every day. Again JMO.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:54 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Originally Posted by Robar
Smith & Wesson is a good brand of firearm, but I would rely on their revolvers more than their semi autos. JMO. Walther and Smith & Wesson are partnered together and Smith & Wesson makes the Walther pistols here in the USA. I think Sig is a higher quality firearm and I depend on Sig to take care of me every day. Again JMO.
Thanks for the input. I was actually looking at a Ruger SP101 w/laser grips a little while back. I REALLY liked the way that gun felt. I plan on getting one of those eventually.

The guy I talked with was really helpful. He owns the Walther, the Sig and actually has 2 of the S&W MP40c. He said that I can't go wrong with any of them.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Handgun choice

I would try to test all calibers you are interested in see which one you can shoot the best. I will tell you from my experiance the 40 cal is way over rated it has a large recoil with little advatage over the 9 mm. That being said I carry a 1911 compact off duty and a Springfeild 1911 TRP chambered in .45 ACP for my regular duty and SWAt callout rig aswell. I have shot thousands of rounds and shot from high end to the cheapest peice of crap out there . Just study and read up before you make your choice ... dont listen to fanboys of a particular weapon becuase you may end up with something you not happy with . In clossin Research Research Research! God Bless and Good Luck.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by justinp.
+1 above until you want to step up to a .45

Quick Reply: Which Of These Would You Buy?