Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Some new work tools

Old 11-20-2008, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dept. issues the Glock 21 or the 19. Your choice. We also have similiar regs that state nothing sigle action...even in off duty weapons. But I don't think I would ever buy and use a personally owned duty weapon. They get sort of beat up banging on everything.

I have yet to get the tac light and not sure I want to.

One good thing about my dept. is our armory and techs. They replaced my 12+ pound pull to a 5+ pound pull on my duty Glock. Much easier.

I asked our range people why they switched to the Glock (about 12 years ago) their answer was almost laughable and then not so.

They said the our Deputies and not shooters and don't take care of their weapons so they wanted something that is Deputy Proof.

We have 3 days each year in which we have our POST madated training and qualification. One time each year they will take our weapons, break them down and inspect them. Those who do not take care of them get written up now.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:02 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our handguns and backup weapons are personally owned. if we want a new gun it comes out of our uniform allowance that we get yearly

Quick Reply: Some new work tools