Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

So i bought my first handgun..

Old 05-16-2010, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile So i bought my first handgun..

Ok

So after many months of considering what to get i went with the springfield XDM 9 mm 4.5 inch.

I didnt have time to shoot it yet but i cant wiat till i can!!

What do you all think of the choice? Is it a good one for a newbie handgun user?
Old 05-16-2010, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I like XDMs

I shot a xdm40 (my buddies) im looking to get the xdm 45 (soon) if not ill settle with the xdm 40. Everyone i talked to love XDMs and Xds.
i think you did good!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmacJK
Ok

So after many months of considering what to get i went with the springfield XDM 9 mm 4.5 inch.

I didnt have time to shoot it yet but i cant wiat till i can!!

What do you all think of the choice? Is it a good one for a newbie handgun user?
I know some nice quite spots to go shooting just let me know hehe
Old 05-16-2010, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey awesome!

I need some serious edumacation as im a total newb with handguns. I dont want to shoot without someone who is experienced there to teach me.

Im game to go! On call this weekend coming but off the next! Maybe that will be the time!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:37 PM
JK Freak

with out a doubt an awsome weapon, i have ab out 5k rounds through my xd45 no jams misfires or problems it shoots everything great you made a great choice
Old 05-16-2010, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmacJK
Hey awesome!

I need some serious edumacation as im a total newb with handguns. I dont want to shoot without someone who is experienced there to teach me.

Im game to go! On call this weekend coming but off the next! Maybe that will be the time!
My buddie got me into handguns. Hes coming back this week from vac. i know hes itching to go shooting now and plus i got a new jeep to take off road. works out good for me haha. We can get you going on care and how to take it apart for cleaning. Kinda funny how you ended up getting almost the same gun i wanted!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

hehe yup total fluke!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats on the purchase. I debated on the XDM 9mm with an od green frame or an XD9 tac model. Then i decided to buy a house and changed my mind on adding another to the safe. I did shoot the XDM 9mm and was really impressed. It had been a while since I last shot and knew it would be interesting to see my group. I actually held a decent one from 15 yds, about 1.5 inch wide and 4 inch tall. Not alot of recoil and never one fail to feed. It still is next on my list. Congrats on the new gun and enjoy
Old 05-16-2010, 08:41 PM
JK Newbie

I've got an XD 9mm that I've been very happy with despite only cycling 200 or so rounds through. I'm sure the XDM is an excellent choice. Welcome to the handgun club .
Old 05-16-2010, 09:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats! I've shot the XD45 on quite a few occasions, and it's a blast.. Need some advice about owning a gun? Treat it as loaded ALL THE TIME!! Gun ownership is a HUGE responsibility, and not to be taken lightly.. That's why it's good you're asking questions.. Keep it clean.. Check for wear.. Lock it up.. Those are the basics.. Buy ammo NOW!! The 9mm is a NATO round so there is plenty of it, but prices are going up.. Sportsmansguide.com and Cheaperthandirt.com are some good sites for bulk ammo.. Ask the guys at your local range for tips regarding your weapon and shooting in general, I'm sure they'll be glad to help you.. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.. Be careful bud, Arizona is on the frontlines lately!!

Quick Reply: So i bought my first handgun..