Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Show off your P226s.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Show off your P226s.

Hey folks. Patiently awaiting for my permit to arrive with my lump of cash in hand.
It's going to be my first time applying for a FID/Permit and firearm.
After doing a ton of research, reading reviews, watching videos, and visiting a local shop and handling the Glock(G17), S+W(M&P), HK(USP), & Ruger(SR9), Beretta(92FS), I've concluded that I'm most likely going with my first choice for a firearm. And that is the Sig Saur P226R(R for railed vers.) chambered in a 9.
Every time I compare it to any other gun, I seem to end up liking it even more.
Unfortunately, I have only actually fired the G17(brother-inlaw's service weapon) and the Beretta 92FS(thegunstore vegas) and for now a majority of my comparison is based on reviews.
But I just have a feeling that if I did have a chance to test fire most of those, I'd probably end up going with the Sig regardless. Call me crazy.

Anyway, I would love to see some pics of your own P226s if there are any(and i'm sure there are) owners out there. And please leave any thoughts along with the pics that you have on it.

Thanks alot!

Old 09-16-2010, 12:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are other handguns besides sigs?

who knew
Old 09-24-2010, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

We have a 226, it's my wifes. While I think it is a phenomenal weapon, I will caution you to actually fire one before you purchase. The way a handgun fits you is entirely subjective. One mans dream weapon is anothers nightmare. Knowing what you want and like in the weapon is good, that's how we wound up with a 226. However, we never would have purchased it if it didn't also feel right when fired. Just my .02.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Permits... ha we don't need no stinking permits!

I agree with GI Jeep. Fire the gun first to see if you truly like it. I love my P220!
Old 09-25-2010, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

mm, sig.

the only problem i have with my p220, is whether to put the Gold Dots in, or the Ranger Talons... guess thats why one mag has the gold dots, one has the talons. hmmm...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(4)..jpg
Views:	54
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	90762  

Quick Reply: Show off your P226s.