Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

securing rifle in jeep

Old 06-08-2010, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default securing rifle in jeep

Has anyone found a good way to secure a rifle or two in your jeep? I have considered trying to build a rack that would be overhead, but a lttle concerned there is not enough space. I also have considered getting a rack like police officers use in the passenger floor board but that will take a way a lot of the passenger leg room. Any ideas
Old 06-08-2010, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

i would love to see some more infoon that device. the kind of gun will change depending on what i am doing so I would like somehting versitale.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have the top on a Hitachi Bottom headrest sling works great. It holds two long guns snug and secure. No lock though but a great product.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm working on a set of "seat covers" that should let me hold some across the back of the front seats. Just fabric though. Not really seat covers, just some fabric strapped on the back of the fronts.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:32 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by MrJones944
Here is the basic lock that Ive seen used most often. The locks that we use can lock either a shotgun or rifle. Recently weve been using a duel gun mount with one lock that looks like these and the other like more of a handcuff arm. The duel gun lock pictured is exactly what we use but it doesnt picture the handcuff arm portion. I believe progard makes the electric locks.

Where would you mount this in a JK...???
Old 08-01-2010, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Pelican 1750 that can handle 2 rifles or 2 shotguns (broken down) very securely along with other gear. The case has 4 positive locking latches and 2 padlock tabs reinforced with stainless steel. The case fits nicely across the tire humps behind the rear seat in the Unlimited.

Using a Kryptonite cable lock and 2 padlocks, it's going to take someone longer than I'm in the store to get to my gear... then they have to deal with me and something on my hip.

Take a look at these cases. They're worth the investment, conceal what's inside and offer solid security.

Jeff

Quick Reply: securing rifle in jeep