Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Rock River Arms

Old 09-03-2010, 05:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Rock River Predator Pursuit. Good gun...never balked.

I'd rather shoot a bolt gun.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

Would love to have a place like that to shoot!!........ Nice rifle too!
Old 09-04-2010, 05:33 PM
JK Junkie

That was in Western Nebraska on a prairie dog hunt. Not my place, unfortunately. The rifle is a Savage I built up...thanks.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

Default Love mine

I bought 2 Entry Tact. RRA AR-15 D-day -1 (Nov. 3, 2008) for $1150.00 each. I love them. No complaints, no problems. They are solid guns, and have a few nice features that you'd have to add on after-market with other manufacturers.

You could make the argument about building one from the ground up... much like a Jeep. Guess it just depends on how comfortable you are with putting one together. (Though it's not too tough to connect an upper and lower)...
Old 09-21-2010, 04:34 AM
JK Freak

You can't go wrong with RRA. I have one and LOVE IT!!! Never had a single problem with it. I built mine from scratch because ordering from RRA directly was going to take months. Just my two cents, but make sure you get a chrome lined barrell w/ either 1:7 or 1:9 twist rate.
Do a little research on ar15.com first.

Here is a pic of mine

Last edited by 4WHLN; 09-21-2010 at 04:45 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Thats mine.

corey d
Old 10-15-2010, 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

Yes, RRA are great guns. I have sold a BUNCH at the shop now that the price is so good (WHEN we can get them). Excellent quality. I would say that RRA is better than my S&W 15T. (got mine SUPER cheap used so I had to jump on it)
As to building your own. Keep in mind you are new to the AR world. You really don't know what you need for YOU yet, and "aping" the "cool" guys is NOT the way to learn. So you build up this great "frankengun" of parts, it is NOT EXACTLY what you find that you need, then you go to sell it, and since it is NOT a factory model (hence the term "frankengun") the guy at the gunstore, or the gunshow, or the guy you met tells you that is isn't worth much since it is a "parts" gun. TRUST me this is the way it goes. I am that guy on the buying side of the counter and I routinely get AR parts guns for less than 400.00 bucks when guys invested 800.00 bucks or more.... Get a factory model that has what you need, and NO MORE than that at first, then upgrade as you go.
Get the following-
Flat top with BUIS- 90% of the AR world has gone Optical.
Optics- cheapo chinese red dots are WORSE than Iron Sights... Go decent but not extravagant
Light- SHOOT bad guys, DON'T shoot the dog or the wife, tell the investigators that you had a CLEAR sight picture when you kill the home invader with the Hi-Point
Rail-you need a light on your gun (see above) and it won't just hover there without somewhere to attach it
Adjustable stock- make it fit you
Extra mags- you need to reload
Sling- that damn thing will NOT hover in front of you while you do other stuff (handgun transition malfunction drill, etc...)
Mag carrier- those damn things don't hover on your belt
Case- you just bought it, don't eff it up
Batteries- (you know, for the light?)
Ammo- get LOTS of this stuff
Training- get this from the quiet professional, NOT the loud guy hollering "I was a Ranger, Spec Ops, Space Shuttle Door Gunner Bad @$$!!!!"
Targets- you gotta know where the bullets go....
AFTER you practice and train then get the other stuff (cool guy grips, bipods, searchlights, thermal scanners, can openers, etc....)
Good luck, and remember that your mind is the weapon, the rifle is the TOOL
Old 10-16-2010, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just bought a new RRA Elite Operator2 being advertised on the RRA site for 1000.00 got it for 815.00 from gunbroker. Very happy with it.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Rock River makes great guns, check into pricing the parts out. I built my AR for less than $700, just took some shopping and a little bit of Nuts&Bolts time.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rra

My boss has built 2 RRA and DD Ar-15 and they both are sweet shooting ARs. I have anither close friend that is really big into Spikes and he also just built a really nice Larue/Brovo Company. It is one sick AR, but they both build there own guns up, I think that is they way to go. Simply because you can build it for you, and you will understand how the AR platform works.

Quick Reply: Rock River Arms