Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.
View Poll Results: If money was no object what scope would you buy?
US Optics
7.69%
Schmidt and Bender
7.69%
March
0%
NightForce
0%
Zeiss
7.69%
Swarovski
7.69%
Sightron
0%
Leupold
53.85%
Other
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Rifle Scopes

Old 11-02-2008, 06:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rifle Scopes

If money was no object what scope would you buy?

US Optics
Schmidt and Bender
March
NightForce
Zeiss
Swarovski
Sightron
Leupold
Other
Old 11-02-2008, 11:23 AM
JK Jedi

Caokkie.....That was me that posted one for Swarovski. As an AK guide for a number of years, I knew I needed the best optics I could have so I bought a pair of Swarovski binos right off the bat. They have indeed been the best I've ever had. Never a bit of eye fatigue after hours and hours of daily use. I also know from other guides that many use Swarovski up here as well as the guides in Canada.
As far as scopes go, I can't say for many of the rest as I haven't looked through them. But I have the Swarovskis. A guy I guided was so impressed with my binos that he went out and bought the riflescope. He loves it, and I was quite impressed when I looked through it also. One thing I hadn't realized with their variable scopes, is when you zoom in, the cross hairs also get larger in proportion to the sight picture. At least the crosshairs on the scope I looked through did. Sorry but I can't tell you what model it was.
Other than that I have Leupold scopes on my 8mmMag and 270. Never had a problem with them. But then again........money HAS always been a factor. I got a good deal on the Swarovski binos.
Good Luck...
Old 11-02-2008, 12:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Caokkie.....That was me that posted one for Swarovski. As an AK guide for a number of years, I knew I needed the best optics I could have so I bought a pair of Swarovski binos right off the bat. They have indeed been the best I've ever had. Never a bit of eye fatigue after hours and hours of daily use. I also know from other guides that many use Swarovski up here as well as the guides in Canada.
As far as scopes go, I can't say for many of the rest as I haven't looked through them. But I have the Swarovskis. A guy I guided was so impressed with my binos that he went out and bought the riflescope. He loves it, and I was quite impressed when I looked through it also. One thing I hadn't realized with their variable scopes, is when you zoom in, the cross hairs also get larger in proportion to the sight picture. At least the crosshairs on the scope I looked through did. Sorry but I can't tell you what model it was.
Other than that I have Leupold scopes on my 8mmMag and 270. Never had a problem with them. But then again........money HAS always been a factor. I got a good deal on the Swarovski binos.
Good Luck...
Swarovsi is a great scope that any hunter should be proud to own. If i was going to be shooting say a 338 Lupua tacktical type rifle I would more than likely go with the US Optics. Schmidt and Bender is supposed to be coming out with a new scope suppossedly in the 12 X 50 class that I would love to get because I am hoping to get into benchrest shooting.
Right now I am shooting an Accumark Mark V 300 Weatherby Magnum with a NightForce 5.5 X 22 NXS that I am setting up for long range deer hunting.
I had three more levels of my back fused this year (five total now) and it is hard for me to walk very far so I have to have something that will let me reach out there a bit. Then I have to have my son and friends go get it.
In the end all of the scopes I have listed are great scopes. Now that I have pretty much gotten into long range I tend to lean towards scopes with target knobs. If you get time sometime look at the scopes I have mentioned there are really some great scopes out there if you got the MOOLA.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have US Optics mount and rings on my 7Mag, but I'm running Leupold scopes (I have 3 Ultra M1's) plus a few others, and their binocs. A coworker has three US Optics scopes and knows the owner, so I've been to their place and checked out there line. Once he changed out the mounts on my 7Mag, he set one of there scopes in there to see the difference over a Leupold. WOW.

Nice glass.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

It depends on the rifle it will be mounted to. Leupold gets the job done for me on hunting rifles. That said I would love to have a S&B Short Dot on my AR15.

Quick Reply: Rifle Scopes